Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Create/amend technical specifications for new equipment scope, utilising expert inputs where applicable.
- Perform surveillance and approval of contractor deliverables and design activities.
- Lead contract technical and project meetings
- Resolution activities for multi-disciplinary technical issues and queries, including input to/ownership of resolving technical Open Points (OP), interface queries and Design Changes (UKDC).
- Management of technical specialists to perform review of deliverables and to resolve technical issues.
- Review and approve contract amendments and exemptions (CTSs, ERs)
- Liaise with RD and client teams to ensure integration of equipment with interfacing functions/systems/structures.
- Liaise with RD and client management teams to communicate progress, risks, issues and planning to support contract delivery.
- Awareness of contract commercial structures and working practices, including supplier management
Qualifications or Equivalent Experience:
- Relevant engineering degree
- French-speaking would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite
- Demonstrable experience on PWR design and more particularly on EPR technology
- Practical experience on the systems, structures, or components of the common raft buildings
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of EDF and Edvance engineering processes would be a benefit
- Knowledge of mechanical materials, in particular tanks and columns
- Experienced in the design of nuclear waste processing systems
- Experience on the design of the EPR process systems, or tanks, fluid handling systems and mechanical components
- Understanding of nuclear process and mechanical interfaces (anchorages, civil work, piping, fluids, radioprotection, safety, systems engineering)
- Sound understanding and application of nuclear processing regulations
- Demonstrable experience of producing technical specifications
- Technical management of equipment supply contracts and contract forms such as NEC/FIDIC
- Knowledge of commercial contract structures and working practices, including supplier management
- Competent in use of IT applications e.g. MS suite, CAD
- Extensive leadership experience, managing teams, budgets, and third-party suppliers / contractors
- Project management skills, including delivery to time, cost, quality, and scope
- Demonstrable stakeholder management and collaboration experience
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior Wet Utilities Engineer
Wet Utilities Designer / Draughtsman