Systems Integration Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
We are seeking a highly motivated Systems Engineer to join Assystem. As a Systems Integration Engineer, you will play a critical role in the development and management of system and sub-system requirements, as well as ensuring the effective gathering of user requirements. Your expertise in validation and verification processes will be crucial in ensuring the reliability and safety of our Fusion and Modular Nuclear projects. Knowledge of the Systems Engineering Vee Lifecycle, stakeholder mapping, use cases, and requirements elicitation will be essential for success in this role.
Responsibilities (depending on level of experience):
- Contribute to the project delivery plan by demonstrating technical and commercial awareness, ensuring project objectives and milestones are achieved.
- Work closely with the project team, including engineers, designers, and project managers, to ensure efficient collaboration and successful project outcomes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather user requirements and translate them into technical specifications and system/sub-system requirements.
- Utilise the Systems Engineering lifecycle models to guide the development and implementation of systems engineering processes, ensuring traceability and consistency throughout the project.
- Develop stakeholder maps to identify and engage relevant stakeholders, incorporating their inputs and feedback into project deliverables.
- Utilise use cases to define system behaviour, identify potential risks and issues and inform design decisions.
- Using functional and system modelling to clarify and decompose system requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate complex technical challenges and propose effective solutions.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Requirements (depending on level of experience):
- Proven experience as a Systems Engineer, within a highly regulated engineering domain.
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles, processes, and methodologies.
- Proficiency in gathering and managing user requirements and system/sub-system requirements.
- Experience with validation and verification processes.
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering lifecycle models and their application in project development.
- INCOSE (International Council on Systems Engineering) certification or affiliation is desirable, leveraging their resources and staying updated with industry best practices.
- Familiarity with RAMI (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Inspectability) analysis techniques and their application in ensuring the robustness and effectiveness of systems.
- Proficiency in using requirement management tools, such as DOORS (Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System), to efficiently capture, track, and manage system requirements throughout the project lifecycle, is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in system integration and interface management, including the identification, specification, and coordination of system interfaces to ensure seamless integration and interoperability.
- Understanding of system and functional modelling techniques such as SysML or Arcadia is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- A master’s degree is preferred.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.