Systems Integration Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The role is an exciting opportunity to join the Fusion and Modular Nuclear Business Unit. Day to day you will be responsible for integrating complex engineered systems, critical to the delivery of modular nuclear and fusion projects. You will be;
- Defining, analysing and managing project, business, mission and stakeholder needs of predominantly single discipline medium complexity projects,
- Leading system analysis including development of inputs, determination of requirement values, assessment of architecture alternatives, evaluation of engineering strategies and the formality, rigour and breadth of the required analysis of systems,
- Providing direction to the planning and implementing of verification of designs through obtaining, managing and evaluation of objective evidence that a systems fulfils its requirements,
- Embedding System Development best practice,
- Engaging in system architectural and functional modelling.
- be able to work independently using their own initiative with little support,
- produce high quality engineering solutions and outputs covering a broad range of engineering topics and activities,
- demonstrate a significant knowledge of Systems Engineering fundamentals.
- be able to apply Systems Engineering knowledge independently,
- demonstrate how they assist and encourage individuals to develop their knowledge and competence,
- lead small single-discipline teams, delivering technical solutions of medium complexity,
- demonstrate an advanced competence in one or more common software tools,
- demonstrate experience in checking deliverables.
- Previous Systems Engineer experience gained across a range of relevant industries / engineering projects OR
- Evidence of equivalent experience.
- demonstrate an ability to achieve Eng.Tech. membership status OR ASEP or above.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken, applicants will be need to be UK nationals and able to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.