Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem are recruiting for an experienced System Design Engineer to work on our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
Working within a whole plant or individual system team, creating system definitions and component specifications in the context of nuclear systems design, definition, assessment, integration and verification activities at an integrated power system or fluid system level as applicable, in support of capability acquisition, new product introduction and in-service product support.
Job title: System Design Engineer
Sector: Nuclear and Defence
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 6 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella
Key Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
– To resolve problems through evaluative judgements and through application and understanding of standard methods. Analyse factual information from multiple sources, interpret results and identify effective solutions by applying their own technical knowledge, expertise and engineering judgement.
– Is responsible for defined technical packages of work providing leadership and delivery against customer programme milestones with agreed costs, timescales and quality requirements
– To understand the company business objectives and ensure that the work they do supports this. To act in accordance with both the company values and those associated with being a professional engineer.
– To actively encourage and support the identification and implementation of continuous improvement both within and outside their immediate sphere and prompt action across the wider team.
– Work within a team context to ensure effective delivery against local systems objectives.
– Ensure that all work is of a high standard, to the appropriate level of detail consistent with maintaining acceptable risk, and that correct processes and procedures have been used.
– Ensure that all work is appropriately reported and disseminated.
– As required, undertake specific programmes of work to acquire and advance Fluid Systems technologies, methods and processes, in order to achieve and maintain a world-class competitive capability.
– As required, represent the department internally and externally at meetings, conferences and seminars.
What we are looking for in applications:
- PhD, Masters or Batchelors degree in an Engineering or relevant Science or Mathematics degree subject with suitable experience
- An ability to apply logical, analytical and innovative thinking on a range of technical problems
- Proactive, persistent and customer focused with a high level of self-motivation and initiative, and able to stand-alone.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and coaching skills essential for liaising with peers and supervision
- Experience in a Fluid Systems related discipline is desirable but not essential
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Internal Finance Auditor
Business Administration Apprentice