System Integration Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The System Integration and Sensitive Topic Correspondence services will comprise participation, coordination, leading in and/or support activities performed within the Effluent Treatment Systems team.
• Organizing and prioritizing configuration KPI related activities within the team, including timely progressing of design changes, contributions, open points, interface notes
• Following up timely update of data bases due to specified design changes, in accordance with contractual lists updates’ deadlines and the set internal deadlines
• Coordination and piloting of transverse tasks with multiple systems involved, within the SCW systems’ scope
• Acting as a correspondent, coordinator and facilitator of open topics impacting components related to TEP/TEU sensitive topic (shared responsibility with the component contract sensitive topic correspondent)
• Acting as a modifications’ coordinator for open points, facilitating the timely update of configuration attributes
• Facilitation of team’s participation in various change committees
• Communication with technical direction and configuration teams, in terms of configuration KPIs and prioritised items’ follow up
• Occasional peer checking and approval of updated data bases data with co-checking from technical/group leadership
o Ensuring technical sound content provided in compliance with the quality process and engineering guidelines
• Work on and advise on technical topics
o Facilitate solving technically challenging and multi-disciplinary issues in a timely pro-active manner
• Proactive and positive engagement with all stakeholders around the effluent treatment systems’ transverse and configuration tasks to ensure the delivery of a product meeting the requirements set by all disciplines (layout, civil, hazard, nuclear safety, environment, configuration management, procurement …)
• Act as a supplier documentation surveillance support correspondent : following up on surveillance support activities in the group, communication with equipment contract teams on the documents needing surveillance support from the effluent treatment system team and distributing the documents among reviewers.
• Act as an engineering quality assurance process correspondent in the team.
Management of modifications related to the system including:
• Managing and following up requests for modifications to system(s) issued by various external parties
• Analysis and verification of the applicability of these modifications and challenging them as appropriate
• Utilising the electronic Engineering Change Management and other relevant configuration tools
Support handovers to downstream activities or customers:
• Liaising with other stakeholders through participation at kick off meetings, gate reviews etc relevant to the effluent treatment systems’ scope.
• Chemical, Process or Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience of process engineering or relevant experience
• Relevant experience in the nuclear industry
• Experience of producing design documentation and Test Specifications
• Ability to effectively manage own and team’s workload in order to respect deadlines and KPI requirements
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, both written and orally, in English
• Proactive and confident in communicating with others, particularly those based in remote offices including France and Germany.
• Proactive in developing positive working relations with others within the project
• Ability to prioritise, manage numerous tasks with other stakeholders
• Knowledge of EPR system design principles and nuclear safety classification
• Experience of working on an EPR project, operating plant or on an industrial site
• Knowledge of UK licensing requirements and its application within the HPC project
• Knowledge of effluent treatment systems scope of EPR, in particular of TEU/TEP systems design, or other BNI systems’ design
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.