Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Review and update of the system documentation, as well as formulating the mechanical, electrical, nuclear safety, and control logic requirements in compliance with the engineering rules, methodologies, quality processes, and tools
- Analysis and verification the input data, requirements, and lessons learnt from other stations
- Sizing of components e.g. pumps, pipework, pressure relief valves, tanks, Performance of thermal-hydraulic calculation and modelling with in-house or commercial tools
- Support to procurement team in formulation of technical specifications and supplier surveillance: Technical/peer checking of reports and other technical documentation
- Ensuring technical content provided in compliance with the quality process and engineering guidelines
- Work on and advise on technical topics
- Solve technically challenging and multi-disciplinary issues in a timely pro-active manner
- Provide guidance and advice to overall team on technical topics
Modification and configuration management
- Managing requests for modifications to system(s) checking their applicability
- Develop and present technical solutions suitable for all impacted disciplines that support design stability strategy
Qualifications or Equivalent Experience:
- Relevant engineering degree
- French-speaking would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite
- Demonstrable experience on PWR design and more particularly on EPR technology
- Practical experience on the systems and components of the common raft buildings or of the balance of plant
Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of EDF and Edvance engineering processes would be beneficial
- Knowledge of process systems and control logic
- Experienced in the design of balance of nuclear island systems
- Experience on the design of the EPR process systems, fluid, HVAC or electrical systems
- Understanding of nuclear process and mechanical interfaces (interfaces with layout in particular)
- Sound understanding and application of nuclear processing regulations
- Demonstrable experience of producing system documentation
- Technical management of equipment supply contracts and contract forms such as NEC/FIDIC
- Knowledge of HPC engineering sequencing and interfaces is an asset
- Demonstrable experience on Flowmaster, ThBat or DFD/Tec4 softwares is an asset
- Competent in use of IT applications e.g. MS suite, CAD
- Demonstrable collaboration experience
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior Wet Utilities Engineer
Wet Utilities Designer / Draughtsman