- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle.
The Sub PM role requirements and responsibilities (R2A2s) are detailed in the “Sub Project Manager Roles and Responsibilities” attached
Previous Project Management experience.
Project Manager sets the project execution strategies and uses a cross-functional project team to deliver the project safely in line with company policy achieving established goals and objectives within the agreed baseline.
• Identifying, implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality, company procedures, policies, legislative, regulatory, requirements.
• Developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
• Maximising within the project the use of Learning from Experience and disseminating new LFE to the relevant functions.
• Implementing and maintaining the project and supporting functions interfaces and shared services.
• Providing accurate and timely information and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance.
• Identifying risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
• Implementing and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans.
• Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and stakeholders.
• Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
• Controlling scope and cost to the agreed project baseline.
To the project manager for:
- Delivering the project in a safe manner to the specified functional criteria, goals and objectives, compliant with appropriate legislation, Project Execution Procedures and within the approved project baseline, scope, cost, schedule and quality requirements.
- Applying an appropriate level of priority for safety and quality to ensure that Nuclear Safety is not compromised by delivery.
- Implementing and maintaining a competent, effective and efficient Integrated Project Team.
- Minimising the project risks (threats) and maximising opportunities.
- Maximising the project efficiency and effectiveness.
- Early identification of issues, concerns that either have the potential or will impact the project baseline and sanction.
- Proposing, agreeing, implementing and reporting corrective actions to secure the project baseline.
- To the Head of Projects with support from Project Management Function as required, to ensure that the Project Delivery Fundamentals are embedded and complied with in their projects.
Approvals depend on the seniority of the Project Manager as explained in the Project Execution Manual but in principal are as follows:
• The assignment of key project personnel.
• Project execution strategies and plans.
• Within delegated financial powers the commitment of sanctioned project funds.
• Within agreed limits all scope and change control variations.
Reporting & KPI
The delivery of the scope and in role performance of the sub-PM will be formally assessed in a task feedback form at the end of each financial year. The KPI for this scope shall be based solely on Customer Satisfaction (i.e. 100%) using the following criteria
• Solution Delivery 40% – management of project lifecycle engineering delivery, whilst monitoring, tracking and taking action to address delivery issues, reporting to the Project Manager, maintaining effective communications, and executing project execution strategies and plans within their project work scope.
• Quality – 40% – reporting accurate and relevant information at the right time in the right format e.g. clarity and accuracy of monthly reporting. Understanding who the stakeholders are, working closely with them and managing their expectations, and aiding delivery of quality engineering deliverables e.g. arranging plant visits with the correct stakeholders in attendance, planning and assisting where plant visitors passes, and escorts are required. Work Specification Form, Schedule and Estimate pass successfully through review and subsequent Gate, sanction achieved with minimal rework to Work Specification Form.
• Relationship – 20% – working well with the customer and the design delivery organisation. Design delivery organisation is based in satellite offices so communication is key, requiring frequent contact and face to face meetings and discussions, doing what is required to work and behave as an integrated project team.
Desirable: Experience of working on projects in the nuclear industry with mechanical, HVAC and CS&A systems;
Experience in project management, managing delivery to cost and schedule;
Knowledge of NEC3 contracts
IPMA Level D (APM PMQ) professional qualification or equivalent
Graduate degree in relevant field
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.