- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Reporting to the PTLS (Pools Tanks Liners and Steelwork) Discipline Lead within the Review & Acceptance Branch of the Joint Design Office, the post-holder will be a Structural Engineer, contributing to the review and acceptance of engineering queries raised by the Main Civil Contractor on the Embedded Steelwork PTLS scope. For all the Embedded Steelwork installed across the Plants, the Main Civil Contractor is responsible of the execution drawings / manufacturing / installation on site.
The role will be interfaced with several parties, such the Main Civil Contractor (composed of main suppliers and sub-suppliers), Construction teams, Technical Experts, Quality teams, Project Management teams, and Design teams (embedded within the JDO organisation on site, or in back office).
Key Responsibilities on the Secondary Steel Work scope
- Responding to General Queries, Non-Conformances, Change Request, and Exemption Requests originating from the Contractors off site (during manufacturing phase) or on site (during the installation phase) with the support of the Responsible Designer or site Experts when needed.
- Perform surveillance of manufacturing documents.
- Provide adequate oversight to ensure the Nuclear Safety requirements are met.
- Contribute in the resolution and closure of Open Points.
- Assesses technical risk and subsequently addresses this risk.
- Report operationally to the PTLS Discipline Lead.
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline.
- Experience applying multi-disciplinary technical knowledge within the nuclear industry.
- Knowledge of the manufacturing / construction / installation industry.
- Experience in the welding engineering.
- Ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders, particularly those in a site environment.
- Ability to work independently, be pro-active, report on and escalate relevant issues.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.