Senior Systems Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Systems Engineer to join Assystem. As a Systems Engineer, you will play a critical role in the development and management of system and sub-system requirements, as well as ensuring the effective gathering of user requirements. Your expertise in validation and verification processes will be crucial in ensuring the reliability and safety of our nuclear engineering projects. Knowledge of the Systems Engineering V diagram, stakeholder mapping, use cases, and the Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) cycle will be essential for success in this role.
Responsibilities (depending on level of experience):
- Contribute to the project delivery plan by demonstrating strong technical and commercial awareness, ensuring project objectives and milestones are achieved.
- Work closely with the project team, including engineers, designers, and project managers, to ensure efficient collaboration and successful project outcomes.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to gather user requirements and translate them into technical specifications and system/sub-system requirements.
- Utilise the Systems Engineering V diagram to guide the development and implementation of systems engineering processes, ensuring traceability and consistency throughout the project.
- Develop stakeholder maps to identify and engage relevant stakeholders, incorporating their inputs and feedback into project deliverables.
- Utilise use cases to define system behaviour, identify potential risks and issues and inform design decisions.
- Implement the Plan Do Check Act (PDCA) cycle to monitor and improve the effectiveness of systems engineering processes, ensuring continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to evaluate complex technical challenges and propose effective solutions.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
Requirements (depending on level of experience):
- Proven experience as a Systems Engineer, within a highly regulated engineering domain.
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles, processes, and methodologies.
- Proficiency in gathering and managing user requirements and system/sub-system requirements.
- Experience with validation and verification processes.
- Familiarity with the Systems Engineering V diagram and its application in project development.
- INCOSE (International Council on Systems Engineering) certification or affiliation is desirable, leveraging their resources and staying updated with industry best practices.
- Familiarity with RAMI (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and Inspectability) analysis techniques and their application in ensuring the robustness and effectiveness of systems.
- Proficiency in using requirement management tools, such as DOORS (Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System), to efficiently capture, track, and manage system requirements throughout the project lifecycle, is desirable but not essential.
- Experience in system integration and interface management, including the identification, specification, and coordination of system interfaces to ensure seamless integration and interoperability.
- Knowledge of functional analysis methodologies, such as IDEF0 (Integrated Definition for Function Modelling), to analyse system functions and relationships, facilitating system design and optimization.
- Proficiency in creating Operational Sequence Diagrams (OSDs) to depict the sequence of operations and interactions within a system, aiding in system analysis and design.
- Bachelor’s degree in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field.
- A master’s degree is preferred.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.