Senior Safety Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem are recruiting for a Senior Safety Engineer to join our expanding team working on projects within the Marine/Nuclear sector.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide professional safety and environmental engineering support to surface ship, submarine and commercial projects;
- Provide safety and environmental case input to non-conformances and design changes for specified systems;
- Support other teams developing non-nuclear safety and environmental assessments or cases;
- Plan and control of work to Quality, Time and Budget; Provide expertise and support in own engineering specialisation to other members of the safety team;
- Production of safety and environmental cases.
Skills and Experience required:
- The Senior Safety Engineer is required to have an extensive engineering background in a relevant discipline and experience of safety and environmental assessment/management processes that is specifically directed towards systems or product safety and environmental assessment.
- Ideally degree qualified but HND/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline with extensive experience in relevant field will be considered;
- Experience in / SQEP in Nuclear Licensed Site Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Awareness of LC11 Management Arrangements.
- Experience in demonstrating compliance with industry safety regulations: E.g., Machinery Directive, Pressure Equipment Directive, Pressure Safety System Regulations.
- Experience in compiling Technical Files to demonstrate compliance with safety regulations.
- Experience in applying regulatory body guidance documents. E.g., ONR SAPs and TAGs.
- Experience in complying with a gated review process. (Or equivalent technical assurance process)
- Stakeholder management experience.
- Ideally you will be a member of a relevant institution (e.g. IMechE, RINA, IET, SARS etc.) and hold Chartered or Incorporated status (or be working towards);
- A working knowledge of applicable Defence Standards and Joint Service Publications (JSPs) such as 00-056 (Safety Management Requirements for Defence Systems) and JSP 418 (Management of Environmental Protection in Defence);
- Authoring of Technical Reports;
- Chairmanship and recording of Technical meetings;
- Experience of constructing a safety argument via the Goal Structured Notation, /Claims/Argument/Evidence techniques;
- Experience of facilitating/undertaking Hazard Identification and Assessment exercises using some or all of the following:
- Structured What If Technique (SWIFT);
- Hazard and Operability Studies (HazOpS);
- Fault Tree Analysis;
- Event Tree Analysis;
- Failure Mode Effect & (Criticality) Analysis (FME(C)A);
- Good knowledge of Naval Engineering in RN ships and/or submarines would be advantageous;
Due to the nature of this role we will require the successful candidate to be a sole British passport holder and to be able to acquire Security Clearance.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.