Senior Quality Engineer (Bulk Inspection)
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
The Bulk Inspection/ Source inspector is responsible for supporting Client Projects normally operating within a Matrix Multi Discipline Teams (MDTs) by the provision of quality assurance, management and control services;
Their primary purpose is to provide evidence of the Client and supply-chain adherence to the contracted quality requirements within their respective Client Programmes and Projects;
Their secondary purpose is to support Client Programmes in achieving adherence with the Project-wide quality arrangements, as well as ensuring that appropriate project-specific quality arrangements are established, as required in addition to ensuring the implementation of quality for all activities within the scope of the programme, for example, Manufacturing Inspection and Test (MIT) Plans; Life-time Quality Records; NCR Facilitation; Root Cause Analysis; Audits. This could be on Client Sites or at Sub-contractors base within the UK and overseas;
The post holder will work in close collaboration with all other project functions and the supply-chain to ensure that project quality is delivered consistently (safely, efficiently and right first time) compliant respecting Nuclear Safety as paramount at all times.
The Bulk Inspection will Lead project direction, from a quality perspective with the ability, as required by the client to act as the Intelligent Customer
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience in large project environment, preferably in the nuclear (or heavily regulated) sector, with significant focus on Product/project quality role, and with a specific engineering discipline knowledge
- Position requires a dynamic individual who is a team leader as well as a team player and has a solid understanding of the quality control principles, and process management in projects
- Good awareness of working in an international quality environment
- Experience in assuring compliance with National and International standards such as GS-R-3, ISO 9001, ISO19443; ISO 3834; EN10204
- Can demonstrate a practical knowledge of Licence Conditions LC6; LC17 and ONR TAG 077
- Experience planning and conducting Internal Audits
- Ability to carry out inspections to appropriate standards e.g. pressurised systems
- Experience in the review of Quality Records (e.g. Material Certification; CFSI)
- Ability and knowledge to be able to analyse quality data at various levels across the business
- Ability to influence and to provide constructive challenge which is accepted by others
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience in that application of Quality tools & techniques (e.g. Histograms; SPC; Cause & Effect)
- Pro-active and flexible, being prepared to plan and work on own initiative across a broad range of issues to drive performance against all dimensions of the quality systems
- Fluent in verbal and written English language, preferably with some French or second language skills
The post holder will be a direct report to the Quality Function management structure within the Client Project Team and as such will fulfil a key role to ensure compliance and maintenance with quality arrangements across all aspects of project execution.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK BPSS security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum BPSS level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.