Senior Project Planner
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Senior Project Scheduler
Assystem is the second largest Nuclear Engineering organisation and provides technical engineering support across the world, supporting complex Nuclear New Build, Decommissioning and Defence programmes.
It is a fantastic time to join the industry. Nuclear in the UK, is seeing a recent renaissance with the UK government pledging its support.
As a Senior Project Scheduler, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining project schedules for complex and large-scale projects. You will collaborate with project managers, Engineers, team members, and stakeholders to ensure that project timelines are realistic, achievable, and aligned with organisational objectives. Your expertise in project scheduling tools and methodologies will be crucial in identifying dependencies, critical paths, and potential risks to the project schedule. You will play a key role in monitoring progress, analysing data, and providing insights to support effective decision-making throughout the project lifecycle.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Take ownership of the Project Schedules
- Lead the Development of comprehensive project schedules in collaboration with project managers & Engineers, considering project scope, objectives, and resource availability.
- Facilitate the production of the project WBS
- Identify and document project dependencies, critical paths, and milestones to ensure accurate representation of project timelines.
- Self-perform schedule integrity checking, including re-assessment of critical path & key deliverables on each update & communication of key issues to the project & project control team.
- Prepare, monitor, and forecast baseline and working schedules during all project phases.
- Regularly review and update project schedules based on progress, changes in scope, and resource allocations, while adhering to project constraints.
- Collaborate with project teams to identify potential scheduling conflicts, bottlenecks, and risks and provide recommendations for resolution and mitigation to the PM.
- Collaborate with project teams to identify potential schedule improvement opportunities.
- Monitor project progress against established schedules, track variances, and communicate updates to project stakeholders.
- Period end & progress reporting, including earned value analysis, identifying critical areas and trends and recommend recovery options.
- Analyse project data, generate reports, and provide insights on schedule performance, resource utilisation, and project risks.
- Good communication is a key aspect of the position. Facilitate and lead schedule-related discussions, such as project status meetings, and actively participate in project planning and review sessions.
- Ability to apply change control measures & a basic understanding of the NEC contract model.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior project schedulers, ensuring adherence to best practices and promoting professional growth.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, advancements in project scheduling tools, and methodologies, and recommend process improvements to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Foster collaborative relationships with cross-functional teams, project managers, Engineers and stakeholders to support the successful delivery of projects on time.
- Conversant with planning software and tools (Primavera P6)
- Conversant with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Competence in earned value management and reporting
- Analysis of project risk and estimating uncertainty
- Capable of managing own work
- Commercial awareness (e.g. planning requirements, change control / compensation events / cost control)
- Relevant experience, typically equivalent to 2 years plus in project planning
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience in a engineering consultancy environment.
- Proven experience as a project scheduler, preferably in a senior or lead role, demonstrating the ability to successfully manage complex projects with multiple dependencies.
- Primavera P6 Advanced
- Degree in project management, engineering or related field.
- Membership of Relevant professional body
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, methodologies, and best practices, particularly in project scheduling.
- Advanced knowledge in project scheduling software tools such as Microsoft Project, Primavera P6, or similar applications.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify critical paths, assess risks, and propose mitigation strategies.
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills to ensure accuracy and completeness of project schedules.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse stakeholders, facilitate discussions, and present complex information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to mentor and guide junior project schedulers.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.