Senior Project Engineer (Cradle)
- Contracting / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The primary purpose of the Senior Project Engineer Cradle is to assist the Package Manager Cradle in the delivery of project scope.
Principal tasks and responsibilities are:
- Ensuring the requirements of conventional Health & Safety Legislation are met by compliance with Project procedures.
- To ensure a plan of key activities and milestones is in place, which consistently represents the programme to be achieved for the package.
- Support the Project Manager / Package Manager in development, monitoring of progress.
- To ensure that effective cost control and monitoring is planned and implemented.
- To provide regular reports on progress, for inclusion in the project monthly report.
- To ensure that the work package construction proceeds in accordance with the Project programme whilst meeting the requirements of the Project quality goals and safety case requirements
- To identify and manage specifically those areas that represent significant risk to the work package through proactive planning, i.e. interface management.
- To closely liaise with the required stakeholders to ensure all requirements are communicated and agreed.
- Receive and distribute documents i.a.w. Company & project procedures.
- To liaising with sub-contractor and Document Control sections regarding the issue and receipt of drawings and documents.
- Establish and maintain a tracking register of all documents and drawings and revisions on CDMS.
- To receive and issue preliminary drawings, documents and schedules to ensure that the sub-contractor/partners have up to date information for planning and construction purposes.
- Support, develop and agree requirements , project scope and solutions for specific outputs and work packages
- HND (or equivalent) in engineering / project / construction management or a related field;
- Risk Assessor Training
- Health & Safety Management of Sub-contractors Training
- Demonstrable experience working in a Project.
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge structures or services.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- To be able to demonstrate Project Engineering in a Nuclear related field.
- Effective writing and presentation skills.
SC Clearance. Sole UK National
Umbrella Contractor or staff
Hybrid – Visits to Client site in Plymouth fortnightly
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.