Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer (Process Plant and Equipment)
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
As part of a growing account, Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are looking to increase our Engineering capability to respond to an increase in demand for a new client account and therefore are recruiting for a Senior or Principal Technical Lead for Process Plant and Equipment.
As a Technical Lead, you will be involved in developing an engineering capability with responsibility for managing and delivering engineered solutions. This work is to support current and future nuclear weapons capability which will consist of new build and development programmes activities.
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable evidence of managing and delivering engineering projects, in the nuclear industry, including experience in managing multi-discipline teams.
- Experience in leading Engineering teams in the development of from PRE-FEED, FEED, Concept through to Detail Design with upkeep of design substantiation or justifications throughout the project cycle.
- Experience or have managed design engineering substantiation in a highly regulated industry.
- Experience in compliance with Quality Management Systems, and Business Management Systems.
- Experience of estimating, planning, budgeting for a multi discipline programme of work.
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders including client representatives.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to interface and manage numerous levels of stakeholders.
- Have experience in providing technical authorship within a Bid proposal process and Bid management experience.
- Support development and growth of a technical capability, with having technical hires experience.
- Able to demonstrate nuclear professionalism and best practises.
- Experience in delivering projects using Systems Engineering approach, specifically in relation to defining and managing Requirements Capture and ultimately be able to conduct Validation and Verification.
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance to Nuclear Industry standards with desirable experience of delivering plant & systems.
- Nuclear industry experience, with Process Plant and Equipment. (ie. Glove boxes, specialist and bespoke weighing, lifting and handling, transportation, operational process equipment.
- Experience of applying current Legislative Regulations, e.g. CDM Regulation, Machinery Directive, PED, PUWER, LOLER, PSR.
- Have good understanding of UKCA Marking (CE marking), Security and Safety Classifications, QA,QC grading.
- Experience which would be beneficial knowledge of Manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Construction , Commissioning Installation and Handover processes. (ie engineering, procurement and commercial – EPC).
British – Mandatory
SC Cleared – Minimum, ability to attain DV preferred.
Location & Duration.
- The project is being run from our Derby Office, with delivery teams based in Blackburn, Derby, Bristol, Culham and Sunderland.
- The successful candidate is expected to travel within the UK (ie Assystem and Client Sites)
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.