Senior / Principal Process Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Senior / Principal Process Engineer
Staff / Contract (Inside IR35)
The process engineering work on the VESU (Ventilation Extract System Upgrade) project will support the completion of Apprise and Select design phase and ongoing activities through the define phase. VESU is a value stream with the remit of refurbishing/replacing the degraded and outmoded ventilation system that serves the facility on the site with a view to allowing continued operation of the ventilation system via a new dedicated stack for several decades. Alongside flowsheeting considerations, there are also several liquor management issues to be tackled and services to be provided.
The 22” duct project is in the appraise and select phase and is looking to remove a significant amount of redundant ductwork, whilst managing a number of associated challenges. Process issues include dealing with liquor arisings in the ductwork and associated hazards, identification of other pipes and services that interact or share proximity with the ductwork and whether these are redundtant or required and what hazards may be assocuiated with removal or re-routing of these.
To lead an existing and expanding team working across two projects in the SNM area, looking at:
- Flowsheeting of aerial and liquid effluents
- Characterisation of liquid effluents
- Managemnent of chemical, DSEAR and radiological hazards
- Design of liquor removal systems
- Definition of waste routes
- Enagagemnt with waste route owners, environmental specialists and other key stakeholders
Essential Experience & Qualifications
- Degree qualified in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent engineering discipline)
- Chartered Chemical Engineer with IChemE/EC.
- Experience of nuclear industry design delivery
- Proactive and driven approach to work.
- Good communication skills
- Experience of leading a team of Process engineers
- Experience of working with other disciplines and key stakeholders
- Competent report writing skills: clearly and concisely reporting findings.
- Comfortable working under time and cost constraints.
- Experience of producing estimates and inputting to / reporting against schedules.
Desirable Experience & Qualifications / Additional information (e.g Radiological Status Requirements)
- Experience with Sellafield Ltd checking and approval procedure
- DSEAR / hydrogen management experience.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.