Senior Planning Consultant
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a dynamic, self-motivated Senior Planning Consultant to join our Birmingham Office.
Job title: Senior Planning Consultant
As a Senior Planner, you will lead the evaluation of the project time for the relevant programme of works (sector) and correlate cost and risk assessments. Provide guidance to the supply chain to articulate requirements for planning.
This function accountability shall include, but is not limited to:
- Assist the Planning Manager in developing the programme structure, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), calendars and dates to be used, aligned with the Cost Break Down Structure (CBS) and Employer`s data dictionary.
- Help to develop cost and resource loaded programmes during submission in accordance with the required delivery milestones.
- Ensuring the programme meets all required access dates, milestones and key dates in compliance with the Employer’s Planning requirements, contract data and works information.
- Contribute to assessing programme risks and programme risk analysis, including the development and implementation of mitigation measures.
- Progress monitoring and regular updating of the programme, including forecasting potential problem areas and proposing mitigation measures to the Planning Manager.
- Cooperation with the Project Controls Manager, Reporting Manager and Change Management in related construction programme matters.
- Liaise with different stakeholders and other works packages to communicate the agreed construction planning approach and share best practices, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Appraisal, review and assessment of supply chain programmes and inclusion in the main programme as required.
- Maintain short and medium-term programmes to check main programme objectives are met.
- Support in “what-if” scenario Planning, providing integrated solutions to Project conflicts and recoveries.
- Support the Planning Manager in ad-hoc business requirements as required.
- Support the Planning Manager in leading the Planners about setting objectives, reviewing performance and anticipating selection and promotion decisions to confirm that Planning Engineers have the necessary skills and understanding to deliver the team’s objectives; and
- Capture, implement and share best practice Project Planning policy, processes and procedures across the business to drive continuous improvement, and provide specialist advice where required
- Actively identifying opportunities that will help develop Assystems network & services
- Attending/participating in Assystems knowledge sharing & networking events
- Providing market research to sector leads
- Running Project Controls Maturity Assessments
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working on major infrastructure & construction projects
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel & Primavera P6
- Solid understanding of EVM & Project Reporting
- Exceptional communication – you must be able to explain technical concepts clearly
- Ability to work effectively under pressure & meet deadlines
Good to have:
- Experience working for a consultancy
- Experience creating dashboards – Power BI / Tableau
- Professional Membership
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.