- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Summary of the Role
The Planner operates as part of the Integrated Programme Management Office, leading on technical project planning and in programme level planning.
In this role the Planner will be expected to provide SME input at Programme and Project delivery level including actively supporting and driving the programme management office and project delivery teams on the mitigations and opportunity realisation activities. The post includes an assurance role and some audit.
1. Produce all outputs of the schedule and capacity planning management
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the plan.
- Responsibility for capacity planning services across the programme
- Apply expert knowledge of the future pipeline of work to inform decision making
- Engage with relevant base authorities to understand interdependencies across the site,
- Produce and help with developing the programme schedule to capture the capacity planning outputs
- Support a capacity planning approach confirming resource needs, liaising with Business Management Workforce Planning Lead on a regular basis.
- Action ad-hoc capacity planning requests from project teams.
- Collate, aggregate and report against dependency issues and escalations
2. Ongoing monitoring and assurance of scheduling and capacity planning across the programme
- Implement Planning management standards
- Ensure quality review activities and associated time have been allocated realistically
- Define and manage time-recording processes; use systems/tools to capture actual progress data
- Provide a view of resource commitments that will impact the ability of the programme to deliver
- Provide a resource capacity tracking service across the MP Programme of Work
- Link into the governance to ensure risks and issues on resource capacity are captured
3. Advise on the Programme approach to scheduling and capacity planning, including provision of a programme pipeline and resourced schedule
- Promote a proactive capacity management approach, involving programme/project resource reviews, ongoing capacity and capability reviews, evolving demands (CIDP) and change management
- Capture and maintain benchmark resource capacity requirements of the programmes
- Create and deliver a programme level resource plan
- Identify and report candidates for overarching projects or high-risk projects
- Responsible for programme resource schedule – profiled comparison of demand and supply for constrained resources throughout the planning period, highlighting periods of slack and under-capacity
- In consultation with resource owners, decide on the best source for the required resources, depending on the long-term requirement for a particular capability and its likely availability
- Ensure all product-based plans include activities, time and resource estimates for risk
- Assist with forecasting future resource needs, based on programme/project plans, close liaison with the relevant delivery leads and the Resource, Recruitment and Training Manager
- Advise senior stakeholders on the best ways in which the schedule can prioritise resources against programmes and projects, particularly those flagged as high risk or with registered issues
Experience of planning and scheduling tools and the implementation and use of them in a Portfolio, Programme or Project environment.
Awareness and knowledge of most other aspects of P3M e.g. Risk/Issue/Opportunity Management, Stakeholder Management, Benefit Management, Governance, Requirements etc
Experience in infrastructure Portfolio, Programme and Project assurance
Experience of working in the Ministry of Defence and/or other Government Departments or Public Sector organisations
Experience of infrastructure delivery
Ideal qualifications would include:
• Agile Project Management Foundation
• PRINCE2 Practitioner
• Agile Project Management Practitioner
• APM Project Management Fundamentals
• APM Project Management Qualification
• APMG International Project Planning and Control Foundation
• PRINCE2 Foundation
• PMI Certificate in Associate Project Management
SC Clearance required
Sole UK National
Hybrid working – Glasgow office
Ideally Staff but Umbrella Contractor considered
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.