Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Contracting /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Staff / Contract
The Mechanical Senior Engineer will be required to:
- Support the design through manufacture, testing and execution phases of the project.
- Work closely with the multidiscipline design team and plant based team.
- Deliver the mechanical work scope, production and checking, reporting to a Principal Engineer/Mechanical Responsible Engineer.
- Will need to guide Mechanical Designers and Engineers in the production of detail drawings, sub-assemblies, GA, Layout drawings, Flow diagrams and parts lists.
- Produce calculations to verify the detail design and design substantiation.
- The production/compiling of technical files for machinery/UK CA compliance with the associated documents (RA’s , O&M manuals, etc) will be a requirement.
- Experience of working within a highly regulated industry, preferably within the nuclear industry
- Awareness of Alpha Glovebox design and the operating philosophies associated with providing a safe manual glovebox process.
- Experience in facilitating the detail design of mechanical handling sub-assemblies for use in Glove Boxes, preferable.
- A good understanding of the requirements and regulations associated with the design of nuclear glove boxes, preferable.
- Experience in production of technical files (UK CA and machinery directive compliance).
- Experience of ‘Design for Assembly’ within a nuclear facility
- Experience in machining and fabrication manufacturing processes.
- Production and checking of Mechanical engineering calculations & deliverables
- Liaison with key stakeholders and other design disciplines
- Competent Report writing skills: clearly and concisely reporting findings.
- Comfortable working under time and cost constraints.
- The candidate will need to manage their own workload and drive completion of the work scope
- The candidate will need to be able to communicate effectively with team members and with the Client.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.