Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Staff / Contract
- Develop mechanical engineering deliverable programmes, work packages and strategies for Study delivery
- Production and support to task specifications for any external mechanical engineering requirements and the integration of those requirements into Study delivery.
- Development of Study scenario / optioneering lists
- Production and the checking of mechanical engineering deliverables and work packages (includes producing and checking of, but not limited to, reports / calculations etc) within Studies.
- Identifying and engaging with appropriate CoE’s/SME’s or any other specialist groups within SL in a timely manner to support study deliverable needs
- Ensure that governance and assurance is applied where necessary to mechanical deliverables.
- Ensure performance, reporting and planned actions are effectively managed and communicated.
- Provide, where required, Line manager duties for supervision and performance of the engineering teams
- Identifying any mechanical resource requirements to support their Study delivery requirements
- Ensure LFE and Best Practice are shared with other Study teams and are embedded in Study work
- Timely engagement with mechanical stakeholders
- Provide mechanical oversight for Study work packages within the Study worklist as required
- Suitable experience and track record in performing all of the above tasks in the role description
- An open mindset and experience of producing and developing optioneering / building scenarios within Studies
- Provision of engineering justification to underpin scenarios and allow informed preferred way forward selections to be made
- Effective Stakeholder Management and communication skills
- Proactive and being able to identify early and offer solutions to any issues that may arise within the mechanical Study delivery requirements
- Experience of leading a team, including guiding junior engineers, through deliverable production.
- Knowledge and use of CAD and Inventor would be useful to Studies
- Track record of delivering to time, cost and quality
Experience of the following would be valuable to the study team:
- Waste management techniques (handling, storage, treatment, transport)
- Management of special nuclear materials
- Value management
- Requirements management
- Waste Retrieval and active area POCO
- Active area decommissioning
- Spent Fuel Management (Transport and Storage)
Full Job Specification Available On Request
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact matt on email@example.com
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.