Senior HVAC Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The HVAC Engineer will be working as part of the Client Organisation to deliver a range of projects
The Scope of work is replacement/refurbishment of plant and equipment to comply with modern standards.
- Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
- Manage engineering support to the project.
- Support project optioneering process.
- Support HAZID / HAZOP reviews.
- Review and accept project drawings and documentation.
- Manage detailed design activities in accordance with Client standards.
- Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
- Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
- Liaise and consult with stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
- The post holder will be expected to support delivery within their range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
- Framework Contractors
- Supply Chain Design Team
- Site Stakeholders
- Original Equipment Manufacturers
- Client Project management, commercial and project control teams
- Qualification to degree level in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
- Chartered Engineer status or able to attain chartered status (demonstration of continued professional development).
- Knowledge and experience of building services engineering.
- Experience with the design and assessment of HVAC systems for replacement and refurbishment.
- Experience in the production of ventilation system design deliverables, i.e. Ventilation Flow Diagrams (VFDs), Basis of Design (BoD)/Functional Specifications, Plant Sizing Calculations (Heating/Cooling/Fan Sizing), Control Philosophy.
- Knowledge of current codes and standards including British Standards.
- Knowledge of current UK nuclear regulation and relevant good practice.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Knowledge of nuclear safety case requirements.
- Theoretical and practical experience across concept design, detailed design and construction stages in heavy industrial and/or maritime building services engineering.
- Experience of working in the UK nuclear industry (energy or defence), particularly in the design and assessment of safety-related structures, systems and components.
- Access to, and proficiency in, all software and IT as required to undertake the tasks listed above.
- Basic health and safety training for site visits.
- Permanent Staff or Umbrella Contractor Position
- Hybrid working – up to 3 days/week in Glasgow
- SC Clearance required,
- Sole UK National
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.