Senior Financial Controller
- Cross sector
- Permanent / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition, to ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is a leading Global Engineering Consultancy tasked with shaping the future of the energy landscape and helping to deliver net-zero solutions.
Whether through our New Build, Decommissioning, Defence or Infrastructure business areas and partnerships, we need your talent to meet our demanding growth plans in the UK.
Join us and develop your career in a world class, inspiring & supportive environment.
- Lead the review & preparation of monthly management accounts
- Ensure management accounts are completed to deadlines and in accordance with adopted group policies and procedures
- Responsibility for Balance Sheet ensuring accounts are reconciled to the required standard and Fixed Asset Register kept up to date
- Supervise the transactions team (Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable) ensuring accurate and timely posting of invoices, payments and receipts
- Liaise with other group companies to reconcile intercompany transactions and agree month end balances
- Oversee and assist with the preparation and submission of the company VAT, Corporation Tax and ONS returns
- Act as a gate keeper regarding the company’s tax exposure for PAYE, VAT and Corporation tax compliance
- Preparation of the annual financial statements and company lead on the external audit
- Monitor and support the preparation of the rolling cashflow forecast
- Planning and managing finance project work, including working in cross functional teams as required
- Provide information and support for customer and internal/external quality audits
- Proactively identify areas for systems progression and contribute towards a culture of continuous improvement including enhancing documentation of month-end procedures
- Qualified CIMA, ACCA or ACA
- Demonstrable experience PQE as Management Accountant in a medium size or large corporation
- Demonstrable experience in Practice,
- Technically strong in financial and statutory reporting and excellent academics
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong knowledge of IFRS
- Experience of BI tools is beneficial
- Knowledge of IFS ERP an advantage
- Ability to work confidently under pressure and prioritise workload in a fast-moving environment
- Strong mathematical, time management and organization skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability and experience analysing and interpreting large data sets
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to work within an intercultural environment
- Proven team player and line manager
- Ability to manage people remotely
- Keen to learn and develop skills
- French speaker an advantage
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.