Senior Executive – Legal
- Cross sector
- / Support Functions
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Role and Key Responsibilities:
The key responsibilities are but not limited to, as follows:
- Vetting and advisory on tenders and bidding documents including request for proposals issued for various infrastructure projects, by government bodies and private companies.
- Drafting and vetting of contracts and agreements such as joint venture agreements, consortium agreements, memorandum of understanding, leave and license agreements, non-disclosure agreements, settlement agreements, etc.
- Drafting and vetting of various types of contracts entered into or to be entered into with various private companies, government companies and statutory bodies.
- Preparing detailed notes for internal use and for clients, on extant as well as potential legal and contractual issues.
- Drafting of various applications, petitions, statutory notices, claims, counter claims, rejoinders, written statements, evidence affidavits, reply to legal notices, criminal complaints, RTI applications, etc.
- Representing the Company in various types of contractual matters and civil matters including but not limited to summary suits, writ petitions, insolvency and bankruptcy proceedings, and other matters pertaining to recovery of dues across various courts of law and tribunals.
- Strategizing with Head – Legal and the Company management relevant aspects of subsisting litigations.
- Briefing and coordinating with various law firms and independent legal practitioners regarding all the disputes involving the Company.
- Drafting and vetting of power of attorneys, and correspondence to be sent to government and non-government clients regarding disputes, show cause notices, contractual misinterpretation, legal notices etc.
- Visiting competent authorities for documentation, following-up and keeping a record of same.
- Research oriented analysis on laws applicable to the Company and keeping abreast with any amendments thereof.
- Analyzing risks regarding the insurances polices.
- If required, training project managers and other project participants on various applicable laws, compliances and contractual issues.
- Monitoring compliance of the Company with extant and applicable laws, and ASSYSTEM group compliance regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LL.B.) from a reputed university or college.
- Experience in the infrastructure sector.
- Previous qualified experience of1 – 3 years. Experience at a reputed law firm is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage a varied and fast-moving workload.
- Team player/adaptable to both integrate with the operational team and to interact with other in-house lawyers in the Company and ASSYSTEM Group’s Legal team.
- Excellent communication skills – encourages an open environment where information and ideas are shared, and innovative thinking is stimulated.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.