- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Senior Engineer (Any discipline from Mechanical, Process, CS&A, CE&I & Technical)
Staff / Contract
The Senior Engineering and Technical leads will be expected to perform the below:
- Develop Engineering and Teschnical deliverable programmes, work packages and strategies for Study delivery ensuring that the Study has a clear Engineering and Technical workscope at the onset of a Study.
- Provide oversight and strategic intent and direction of all Engineering and Technical delivery for the Studies they are working on
- Production and support to task specifications for any external Engineering and Technical requirements and the integration of those requirements into Study delivery.
- Providing Line manager duties for all of the Engineering and Technical resources working within the Studies they are leading. This includes supervision and ensuring that the required performance of the Engineering and Technical teams within the Study are met at all times.
- Identifying all Engineering and Techhnical resource requirements to enable Study delivery for the Studies they are leading.
- Forecasting both medium and long term skills and capability needs to deliver their Studies.
- Development of Study scenario / optioneering lists
- Production and checking of all Engineering and Technical deliverables and work packages (including but not limited to reports, calculations, assumption lists, risk identification etc) within their Studies. Identifying best placed person where necessary to support delivery.
- Identifying and engaging with appropriate CoE’s/SME’s or any other specialist groups within SL in a timely manner to support study deliverable needs
- Ensure that governance and assurance is applied where necessary to ensure the quality of Engineering and Technical deliverables.
- Ensure performance, reporting and planned actions are effectively managed and communicated.
- Ensure LFE and Best Practice are shared with other Study teams and are embedded in Study work
- Timely engagement with all Engineering and Technical stakeholders both within and external to Study team.
- Raising issues as soon as they become visible to Engineering & Technical Manager, Engineering Lead and Technical Mnaager
- Suitable experience and track record in performing all of the above tasks in the role description
- An open mindset and experience of producing and developing optioneering / building scenarios within Studies
- Provision of Engineering and Technical justifications to underpin scenarios and allow informed preferred way forward selections to be made
- Effective Stakeholder Management and communication skills
- Proactive and being able to identify early and offer solutions to any issues that may arise within the Engineering and Technical Study delivery requirements
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams, including guiding junior engineers, through deliverable production.
Track record of delivering to time, cost and quality
Experience of the following would be valuable to the study team:
- Waste management techniques (handling, storage, treatment, transport)
- Management of special nuclear materials
- Value management
- Waste Retrieval and active area POCO
- Active area decommissioning
- Spent Fuel Management (Transport and Storage)
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact matt on email@example.com
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.