Senior Ecological Clerk of Works
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies. Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the sustainability industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy.
By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environmental Services.
The Ecological Services department is looking to expand due to continuous growth with strong relationships with a range of clients.
We focus on hiring team members that align with our company values and have integrity. We provide ecology consultancy services to a wide range of clients. We pride ourselves in technical excellence and providing an innovative, pragmatic, client friendly service.
We are looking for a Senior Ecology professional to join our growing team with experience gained across construction/civil engineering projects with experience of supervising ecology or ECoW teams.
The initial role is to provide senior level Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) as part of our team supporting the Align JV on HS2. The role will require reporting into the Ecology Manager.
You’ll be responsible for the co-ordination and management of the site-based Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW) team and additional ecology resources and sub-contractors required on site.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsibility for the input into and production of construction phase documents, ecological method statements/risk assessments and protected species mitigation strategies.
- Ecology reporting – writing and authoring a wide range of technical reports
- Monitoring ecology compliance and undertaking inspections
- Providing advice to the site production teams regarding ecological constraints and mitigation
- Tool-box talks
- Watching briefs and design implementation for habitat creation/site re-instatement works
- Ensure compliance with the soil resource plan.
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing and new clients.
You will be:
- Membership of CIEEM or equivalent environmental organisation would be desirable.
- A collaborator and influencer with stronger interpersonal skills .
- Driving license is essential.
- A team player
- Result & Client orientated
- Experienced working on Construction projects or HS2
- Relevant Degree
- Species Licenses (Desired)
- Driving license
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.