Senior EC&I Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Lead EC&I Engineer
Contract / Permanent
Deliver, supported by the Responsible Engineer (RE), the EELVS due diligence review and production of design deliverables (Study, Front End Design, Detail) for all projects. Support and CE&I engineering input to other discipline and plant/engineering discussions and asset investigations.
Experience of the following is desirable:
- Project Review / Due Diligence activities.
- Front End Design/Studies & Feasibility Assessments.
- Operating Philosophies & Operational Modelling.
- Production of engineering drawings, Basis of Design
This role requires interface with an Integrated Design Team, facility team (including systems engineering), other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential.
- Degree qualified Electrical Engineer (or equivalent through enhanced experience).
- Experience working within a highly regulated industry.
- Experience in the design of standby power generation systems including diesel generators, pumping and auxiliary storage systems
- Experience of the nuclear industry Design
- Experience in Requirements Identification & Management
- Chartered (or close to chartered) engineer
- Experience of leading work packages
- Monitored worker status advantageous but not essential
- Familiar with a range of available technologies and techniques for emergency electrical generation
- Experience in engineering reviews and due diligence
- Capable of independent and autonomous work during the delivery of packages
- Able to actively seek input from other engineers, specialists, facility and project team members to improve understanding and deliver fit for purpose solutions
- Be able to present information in forms specifically aimed at a variety of target audiences
- Ability to demonstrate competence in a design role (SQEP)
Capable of achieving the Baseline Personnel Security Standard as a minimum.
Ability to obtain P1 or P4 Pass
Preference is for the candidate to have an existing P1 pass.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.