Senior EC&I Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Senior EC&I Engineer
Staff / Contract (Inside IR35)
Overview of the role
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure Ltd (AEIL) are looking to recruit a Senior Electrical, Control & Instrumentation (EC&I) Designer to work on numerous projects and support growth in EC&I business.
As a Senior Designer you will be directly involved in our most exciting projects, where they will provide design support and leadership for EC&I across a range of our client portfolio projects and framework agreements. Assystem operates in Nuclear Decommissioning, Defence, New Build, and Infrastructure. Customers include Sellafield, Rolls-Royce, EDF, BAE, F4E, Hinkley Point.
Lead the production of several design packages at once across the portfolio, managing efficient delivery and performance to the expected costs and schedules with minimal supervision from the Responsible Engineer.
The candidate shall be able to reference recent employment history where the CE&I design Senior Engineer role has been successfully undertaken and shall be capable of the following as a minimum;
• Produce or check the required design drawings and documentation for the appropriate base deliverables at all applicable stages of the gated process.
• When varying task complexity and costs necessitate, be capable of leading a small team of designers through delivery of a package or at other times shall be capable and willing to originate a package individually.
• Capable of performing plant configuration walk downs in order to confirm and accurately record task baseline details, propose outline schemes and build estimates.
• Capable of determining Engineering Requirements and provide underpinning for their Validation and Verification.
• Capable of seeking, deploying and disseminating LFE as appropriate for the design tasks.
• Capable of professionally representing the design team within the supply chain including attendance at build customer acceptance tests as delegate by the Responsible Engineer.
• Continuously producing a high standard of quality documentation, drawings and project deliverables.
• At necessary lifecycle points and via appropriate project controls be capable of performing the design interfaces with other project disciplines, having an awareness of the basic project management fundamentals.
• Providing a confident, clear and professional presentation of the tasks CE&I design deliverables to all project stakeholders attending single and / or multidiscipline design reviews.
• Capable of producing and being accountable for their own effective time management, planning activities, task estimates and progress reporting.
• Being competent and willing to guide and mentor graduates, apprentices and other less experienced CE&I design team members.
• Understanding self-limitations and the value / importance of escalation as and when necessary during the design process.
SQEP against AXIOM Role E6 Plus,
Able to demonstrate understanding of the main laws and regulations that affect the safety, design and operation of plant and equipment including, Nuclear Installations Act & Site Licence Conditions, Health & Safety at Work Act and various regulations including Safety of Machinery, EWR, CDM, LOLER, Pressure Systems, DSEAR, Ionising Radiation.
Recent experience with Programmable Electronic Systems in Design process.
Radiological Status Requirements)
Recent experience with CE&I Safety Systems in Design process (e.g. 61508, ES_219x, EG90).
AutoCAD 2D minimum
Client IT systems (MS Office, Cimage etc)
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.