Senior EC&I Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Lead EC&I Engineer
Contract / Staff
- Provision of a new Substation (Sub 78) and interconnecting 11kV cables.
- Development of a single viable option for all cable installations.
- Specification of Substation 78 and associated interconnections including but not limited to, supply cables, Telemetry and control cabling.
The role will involve the production and checking of engineering deliverables to support study, appraise and select through to the detail design phase.
The role requires knowledge and experience in project delivery throughout the complete project lifecycle.
This role requires interface with Integrated Design Team, facility team (including systems engineering), other project functions and must work closely throughout project phases. The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment is essential.
The role requires good knowledge of design, construction and commissioning of 11kV Electrical Supply and Infrastructure.
There will be a need to work closely with the delivery team, the client’s team and interfacing projects such as Electrical Distribution Network Upgrade project. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate collaborative behaviours in their day-to-day activities.
Design of 11kV services, Plant modification (design and implementation), Nuclear Safety and Hazard Management, Input to Programmes, Quality Plans and Scope of Work documents. Attendance at HAZOPs and HAZCONs Production of electrical engineering documentation and drawings including but not limited to; Site Survey Reports, Substation and Switchboard Technical Specifications, Cable Calculations, Single Line Diagrams, Cable Routing, Cable Schedules, Block Cable Diagrams, Earth Terminal connection diagrams, CDM Risk Assessments, Cable Cards, Outline Installation Method Statements, CAE, Substantiation Documentation, input to testing and commissioning documents, optioneering, etc. Oversight of external suppliers for subject matter expert deliverables e.g. telecontrols and earthing design. Attendance at Single Discipline Design Review & Produce Minutes of Meetings Attendance at Multi Discipline Design Review & Produce Minutes of Meetings Team player Self-motivated, proactive, able to work to tight timescales Positive and collaborative mindset
- Degree qualified CE&I Engineer (or equivalent through enhanced experience).
- A minimum of three years post graduate experience working within a highly regulated industry.
- Familiar with a range of available 11kV distribution/substation technologies and techniques.
- Capable of independent and autonomous work during the delivery of packages.
- Able to actively seek input from other engineers, specialists, facility and project team members to improve understanding and deliver fit for purpose solutions.
- Be able to present information in forms specifically aimed at a variety of target audiences.
- Ability to demonstrate competence in a design role (SQEP).
- Experience of any Sellafield or nuclear industry CE&I Design.
- Chartered (or close to chartered) engineer.
Experience of leading work packages; providing guidance to junior engineers in establishing solutions to technical problems.
Capable of achieving the Sellafield Baseline Personnel Security Standard as a minimum.
Ability to obtain P1 or P4 Pass
Preference is for the candidate to have an existing P1 pass.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.