Senior EC&I Designer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
A high profile Nuclear Decommissioning Portfolio have a requirement for a CE&I Senior Designer to provide a Design & Construction Framework..
This role will involve developing and delivering CE&I design solutions in response to problem definitions and Project Functional Specifications from the client.
The candidate shall be able to reference recent employment history where the CE&I Senior Designer role has been successfully undertaken and shall be capable of the following as a minimum;
- Working within the present CE&I design team to deliver all the typical CE&I detailed design deliverables to the schedule and support meeting key programme delivery milestones.
- Produce or check the required design drawings and documentation for the appropriate base deliverables at all applicable stages of the Sellafield gated process.
- Continuously producing a high standard of quality documentation, drawings and project deliverables.
- Accountable for their own effective time management and planning of their work.
- Undertake plant configuration walk downs to confirm and accurately record task baseline details, or the production of outline design schemes.
- Attend Design reviews and support the RE in presentation of design documentation.
- Able and willing to guide and mentor CE&I Design Apprentices.
- Understand self-limitations and the value / importance of escalation as and when necessary during the design process.
- Degree in relevant engineering discipline with at least 2 years design delivery experience OR other qualification such as BTEC, HNC, HND, with 5-8 years design delivery experience.
- Competent and proven CE&I design engineer, capable of producing designs, schemes, drawings, and supporting calculations.
- Understanding of the roles and application of the CDM regulations.
- Previous experience producing design packages, suitable for manufacture and installation, containing drawings, method statements, risk assessments etc.
- B229 Active / Non Active Inductions.
- Experience of B229 Facility.
- Check & Approve Work Course D03770 Completed within last 3 years.
- Design Change Course D03760 Completed within last 3 years.
- Respirator fit test trained.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.