Senior CS&A Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Senior CS&A Engineer will represent their function and work as an integral member of a multi-disciplinary design team supporting all stages of design and providing essential assistance during the construction phase.
- Represent the CS&A function and liaise with the intelligent client and CS&A Technical Authority
- Collaborate with internal and external multi-disciplinary team members to ensure seamless engineering integration.
- Produce detailed designs, calculations, drawings, assessments, and verification for project CS&A deliverables.
- Ensure CS&A work is in accordance with correct Euro Codes and legislative requirements, such as Eurocode 3 Design of steel Structures and the Construction Design and Management (CDM) Regulations.
Specific Task Based Responsibilities:
- Design of concrete plinths to support machinery and tanks, ensuring structural integrity and compliance with specifications.
- Support the design of pipe brackets into new and pre-existing pre-cast concrete structures, considering both functionality and structural requirements.
- Qualification of existing cast in elements for use with mechanical services supports.
- Management of the civil design interfaces and loads between different subcontractors.
- Support Structural Surveys and their interpretation
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil or Structural Engineering
- Experience designing to Eurocodes particularly Euro codes 1-3
- Experience of surveying methods and the interpretation of data, e.g., rebar scanning techniques
- Proven experience working on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Excellent communication skills to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
- Working knowledge of CDM roles and responsibilities.
- A Chartered Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers (ICE) or similar professional body
- Experience working with ageing assets.
- Previous experience in the nuclear industry.
- Experience of producing deliverables commensurate with BIM LOD 100 – 400
- Familiarity with complex regulatory and assurance processes.
- Working knowledge of systems engineering.
SC Clearance – or ability to gain it. Potentially able to start with BPSS.
Sole UK National
Hybrid – Occasional visits to Client site near Plymouth. Home Office, ideally Sunderland or Glasgow but any location commutable to an Assystem office in UK considered
Ideally Staff but Umbrella Contractor considered
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.