Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies.Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the nuclear industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy.By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environment & Sustainability.
Summary: We are working closely with a major utilities’ provider as part of a framework agreement and have been asked to identify and provide an experienced Senior Consultant, with a Town Planning background, within that arrangement. We specifically seek somebody with experience within Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects and a thorough understanding of the legislative requirements required under the DCO planning process. You are to be responsible for evaluating consents and engagement requirements to ensure that Schofield Lothian deploy a cost effective and sustainable solution to our client. Duties & Responsibilities: ·
– Promotion and delivery of Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects through Development Consent Order (DCO) legislation ·
– Delivery of technical engagement programmes for stakeholders including local authorities, statutory and non-statutory bodies and the general public ·
– Stakeholder facilitation, negotiation and mediation ·
– Planning and consenting legislation ·
– Statutory planning policy advice and appraisal · -
– Strategic management of consents deliverables ·
– Consents application preparation ·
– Collaborative and cross disciplinary working ·
– Project management and co-ordination of large, multi-disciplinary teams
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. Skills, talent and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !
Other vacancies might interest you
Structural Engineer -Senior