Senior Commercial Manager
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Role is to develop and deliver the optimal commercial programme for all future infrastructure portfolios
Role will be expected to be involved in and/or undertake some or all the listed tasks below:
1. Leadership and Management
- Adhere to client Guiding Principles
- Promote strong working relationships both within the team and with other parts of the functions
2. Delivery of a wide and varied portfolio of contracts 20% of time
- Manage commercial activity
- Input to Procurement Strategies and develop commercial strategy and associated contracting strategy
- Compile and issue tenders
- Negotiate and place contracts
- Amend and manage contracts and contract changes
- Provide commercial advice and guidance as required
- Ensure all commercial activity represents best value for money
- Ensure compliance with regulations and policy as well as best practice
3. Commercial Scrutiny and assurance
- Scrutiny and analysis of commercial strategies and contracting proposals
- Identify and manage Risks and Issues
4. Stakeholder Engagement 15%
- Work closely with project and other acquisition team members to deliver Customer requirements
- Manage a range of stakeholder engagements within the client
- Engage stakeholders on planning, tendering, contracting and contract administration
- Management of NEC contracts and strong commercial acumen
- Uses and promotes the appropriate leadership styles to gain and maintain the trust, confidence, commitment and collaboration of team members and stakeholders throughout the project ensuring continued momentum.
- Demonstration of effective application of commercial skills, tools, and techniques in a complex operational environment.
- SC Clearance (Pending will be accepted)
- An established relationship with the representing organisation
- Experience of implementing and working in a collaborative environment
- Development of Joint project Teams
- Budgeting and cost control
- Local to Helensburough
- Management of NEC Contracts
- Relevant chartered professional with minimum 5 years post qualification experience
- NEC Accreditation
SC Clearance required ( pending will be accepted). Sole UK national. Staff or Umbrella Contract. Hybrid working 2-3 days per week in a Glasgow office. Must be prepared to travel to client site when required.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.