Senior Civil/Structural Engineer
- Contracting /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer will:
- To assist the Discipline Lead in delivery of the structural engineering work packages to the required scope, quality, schedule and cost.
- Responsible for managing the technical deliverables of the structural engineering packages in line with the planned deliverables agreed by the Discipline Lead.
- The post operates as part of the Major Infrastructure Projects Business Unit.
Principal Tasks and Responsibilities
- Within SQEP profile, preparing and/or checking designs, analyses, reports, drawings, specifications and other documents in support of Nuclear and Non-Nuclear related plant, facility and equipment within the company’s licensed, authorised and operational sites, or in support of external contracts.
- Participate in the problem solving for development of technical solutions to deficiencies or in the development of new designs.
- Support the review and sentencing of new designs, methodology of construction and temporary works submitted to the Technical Authority.
- To manage design work packages as appointed by Discipline Lead. Supporting planning of activities, with respect to task durations, level of effort and estimated costs, through to provision of design deliverables with regular schedule reviews and progress reporting, utilising Earned Value Management methodologies, and construction support.
- Supervise and provide on-the-job guidance to the junior staff.
- Make effective use of Learn from Experience information to develop and disseminate theoretical knowledge in relation to practical engineering and to maintain a record of development to substantiate the skills achieved.
- Support development, construction, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of Facilities to ensure that they comply with the design intent and DNSP’s for Nuclear related Works, together with all relevant Local and National Regulations and Legislation.
- Support the on-site inspection of assets for their construction, maintenance and modification.
- Maintain familiarity with procedures used within Facilities Engineering.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- A degree in an appropriate engineering discipline. Chartered Engineer, registered with Engineering Council or working towards chartership.
- Nuclear Introductory Course or equivalent nuclear and/or marine system knowledge
- Design and substantiation of heavy civil engineering and building structures to relevant seismic codes for satisfying Nuclear Safety Functions; particular experience in dock structures preferred;
- Knowledge of architectural design of industrial buildings;
- Knowledge of building services design and installation
- Knowledge of construction techniques employed for Nuclear Safety related structures and buildings.
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to post and project requirements.
- Sound understanding of company and departmental procedures relating to Health and Safety, Design and quality
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the technical management of complex design development throughout the design lifecycle
- Provide expert advice to the sub-contracted design houses to enable them to develop the design
- Sound understanding of engineering design and safety practice as relevant to discipline, post and project requirements
- Sound project specification, planning, project management and budgeting experience
- Sound understanding of Company and departmental procedures relating to Design, Health & Safety and Quality requirements, and ability to manage projects in accordance with these procedures.
- Working knowledge of relevant engineering office computer applications
- Experience of the design support to construction, operation, refit/repair of conventional and nuclear submarines and/or facilities
Due to the nature of this role the successful candidate will require Security clearance. To gain this they will be required to be a Sole UK national, Hybrid working from home/Assystem Office
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.