Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Title: Business Manager / Senior Business Manager
Location: Derby / Flexible
Security Clearance: SC, sole UK National
Employment Type: Permanent
Reporting to the Business Unit Director, the Business Unit Manager will have demonstratable experience in managing a multi-million pounds area of a business, successfully delivering a P&L.
Of significant importance within the Business Manager role is the effective discharging of contractual framework obligations, whilst ensuring adherence to declared company commercial objectives. Such obligations will take place whilst delivering on HSEQ and technical requirements.
The Business Manager will be expected to deputise for the Business Unit Director as required.
Key responsibilities for the Business Unit Manager:
- Maintaining and operating the business area safely
- Delivering P&L targets
- Setting business financial targets, via the generation and submission of company budgets Forecasting
- Delivering against the Business Plan
- Reviewing and advising on new methods, procedures, innovations and information expected to improve quality and efficiency
- Setting-up and negotiating Business Agreements with major existing and new customers Taking the lead in the design and development of new major framework opportunities
- Reviewing and approving proposals and quotations
- Liaising with the HSEQ Manager to ensure that customer quality requirements are fully understood at proposal stage and implemented throughout project delivery
- Ensuring customer requirements are met, achieving maximum efficiency and economy compatible with the quality required by the customer
- Assessing and monitoring the performance of staff
- Ensuring that necessary corrective actions, following internal audits, are initiated and promptly implemented
- Ensuring that all security requirements are met Ensuring that each department within the business area is adequately staffed and correctly organised
Essential Skills, Behaviors and Qualifications for the Business Unit Manager:
- Relevant engineering degree preferred
- Effectively communicate at all levels
- Develop and maintain robust internal and external relationships
- Display exceptional leadership skills
- Display strong people management skills
- Possess good IT skills
- Be able to generate high quality presentations
- Be able to effectively present and report to senior management
- Be self-motivated
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken, applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance, if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Business Management and Assurance Co-ordinator