Senior BIM & Digital Engineer
- Permanent / Digital
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
BIM and Information Management is a key enabler in support of these projects, and the business is seeking to recruit a full time Digital and BIM Engineer.
Contributing to the BIM modelling and the BIM coordination aspects of the project, and under the guidance and direction of the Task Team Manager / BIM Manager. This role will involve modelling authoring, federation, clash management, H&S in BIM, COBie, IFC and Classification Delivery. You will be responsible for maintaining a defined and structured set of BIM objects contained within a wider BIM data set.
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the Business Unity BIM Standards are applied to the Project, and following the Delivery Team BIM Execution Plan (BEP).
- Providing Building Information Modelling (BIM) authoring support to the project, using the appropriate technology as prescribes in the Delivery Team BEP. Model authoring – ability to author BIM models to support BIM maturity and supporting activities within design packages as defined in the project Responsibility Matrix.
- Linking BIM models from other task teams and accessing the latest models from the Common Data Environment (CDE). Supporting the Information Exchanges within the CDE solution.
- Producing high quality – families, objects that are parametric based and suitable for the native authoring platforms. Supporting model and content management activities to support digital re-use objectives. Contributing and ensuring model content is appropriately developed and supporting the configuration management principals.
- Referencing as necessary and applying the BIM Authoring standards outlined in the Business Unit Project Information Standards.
- Referencing as necessary and applying the BIM Production Methods and Procedures (PM&P) workflows.
- Ensuring that model ‘level of information need’ is aligned with the project responsibility matrix and is appropriate to the project stage.
- Ensuring the project team meets the BIM level 2 standards as outline in BS1192:4 Collaborative production of information
- Fulfilling employer’s information exchange requirements using COBie – Code of practice. Use the COBie Toolkit for delivering COBie data rich models and; Use the Uniclass Classification Tool for Uniclass Classifications. Understanding on NBS – and applying specification codes to the drawing output sheets, and model parameters/attributes.
- Work with the Digital Library coordinator to ensure modelling objects reside in the project, but also within the wider MIP Digital Library.
- Using the H&S beacons in BIM and ensuring, these are used, referenced and exported as necessary. This would be aligned with the H&S section contained within the project BEP. Ensuring SHE and Risk Register are aligned with model content.
- Producing high quality BIM models and associated output drawings applicable to the works package. Technical aspects of outputs will be supported and under the direction of the project design engineers and design managers were appropriate.
- Following the CDE process and use of the WIP, SHARED and PUBLISHED states of the CDE solution.
- Supporting the coordination of the design solution and ensuring clash issues are resolved in a timely manner and working with the wider design teams.
- Reporting on any model issues that may have an impact of design maturity, model build or design coordination matters.
- Working with the wider design team and BIM team to ensure BIM delivery is successful as is the project.
- Ensuring that Building Information Models are developed in line with the project volume strategy. Ensuring that models have clear boundaries of ownership and ensuring model content is not duplicated across multiple models.
- Support for 4D and 5D aspects on the projects, this would relate to preparation of models for 4D purposes, and the issue and working with the project control teams for 5D purposes and the export of BIM models for the estimating community.
- Validating models using the model validation checklist and checking tools, to ensure models are appropriately built, categorised and fit for use.
- Ensuring the project team meets the BIM level 2 standards as outlined in PAS 1192:6 2018. Specification for collaborative sharing and use of structured Health and Safety information using BIM.
- Provide 4D capability by federating 4D Models with models delivered into the shared area of the CDE solution. Working with the project programmer’s and identifying key activity and linking model content with schedules.
- The senior BIM & Digital engineer should have extensive knowledge in the use of the key authoring platforms outlined in the MIP EIR. This includes; Revit, Naviswork, AutoCAD, Inventor, Civils 3d.
- Must be able to create content in these platforms for the purposes of the project. Awareness or experience of Solibri, Synchro, Dynamo, and NBS (specification) is preferable.
- Design and Construction experience background i.e. civil, structural, architectural and MEP or similar.
- Shall hold HNC, Diploma, Degree in one of the above multi-discipline roles.
- Shall have knowledge of ISO 19650 standards
- Shall have a minimum of 5 years design and construction experience.
- The post holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge and skills required in the process of BIM throughout the design and construction lifecycle.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.