Safety I&C Systems Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Manage TCO Surveillance activities for Safety I&C work packages
- Support TELs in providing oversight for the Safety I&C systems through all phases of the development lifecycle (specification of requirements, design, manufacture, validation and commissioning)
- Take part in technical discussions to resolve of technical and regulatory issues
- Undertake technical review and acceptance of documentation
- Review and/or author safety case documentation associated to Safety I&C
Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience:
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant engineering discipline
- Chartered engineer status would be desirable
- Experience in design, substantiation, verification & validation, safety justification of high integrity software-based protection systems
- Knowledge of nuclear sector standards applicable to the development of high integrity software-based protection systems (including BS EN 61513, BS EN 60880, BS EN 62138, BS EN 60987 and BS EN 61508)
- Knowledge of ‘Independent Confidence Building Measures’ including statistical testing and static analysis techniques would be desirable
- Understanding of the UK regulatory context and application of ALARP
Skills & Behaviours:
- Proactive “can-do” attitude to resolving problems
- Sound judgement and decision making, including in situations with high levels of uncertainty
- Ability to influence stakeholders to gain commitment and achieve results
- Listening and communicating clearly to establish common understanding
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.