Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Corporate Risk Associates has been an Assystem owned business since 2020. We are established as one of the UK’s largest integrated Risk, Safety and Human Factors consultancies, renowned for 1st class delivery of quality services to the Critical National Infrastructure in the UK and overseas.
We have a long history of helping current nuclear operations and new build projects manage their safety and risk in the civil and defence nuclear sectors. This provides opportunities for varied project work for our staff.
Safety Case Engineer (Electrical background)
We are looking to recruit high calibre staff to work within our Safety Case team in Glasgow. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to either develop or further enhance safety case practices in the nuclear and defence industries.
We require Safety Case Engineers with an electrical engineering bias who have experience or are looking to work in the nuclear/defence industries. If successful, you will become part of a respected and ambitious company with excellent career prospects and international opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Working as part of our Defence team in Glasgow, you will be involved in reviewing existing safety case documentation, assessing electrical system and equipment design substantiation / analysis / assessment studies in a multi-discipline environment. The team will determine if this satisfies the criteria imposed and recommend (and after gaining approval, undertake) any work where the substantiation does not meet modern standards.
The team includes a wealth of safety case experience and sharing of knowledge and learning of new skills is actively encouraged.
Our projects involve reviewing and assessing a broad range of electrical systems and equipment to resist hazards such as seismic, dropped loads and impacts, vibrating machinery, mechanical handling, explosions, extreme environmental loading etc. This requires an understanding of engineering principles and the considered application of numerical analysis techniques. This project will provide an opportunity to develop an understanding of how relevant electrical systems and equipment performance contribute to the critical safety function of nuclear facilities.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working as part of an inter discipline team for delivery of safety case documentation
- Technical quality and excellence of project deliverables
- Developing good working relationships with clients and other company departments
- Adherence to business and quality management systems
- Operational and design safety, contributing to the development of a world leading safety culture
- Contributing to team development
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- “Can do” attitude with a drive for self improvement / development
- 2-4 years post degree experience in a mechanical gradate or junior engineering position
- Experience in electrical engineering using British, International standards, and/or Eurocodes
- Good understanding of electrical theory, with a basic understanding of problem solving techniques and where to apply them
- Good knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Communication – Good verbal, written and report writing skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
- British National with eligibility to obtain and maintain full UK security clearance (SC)
- Working towards Chartered Electrical Engineer
- Nuclear or similar regulated industry experience
- Broad ranging electrical understanding / experience with a basic understanding of power distribution and Control and Instrumentation.
- EPC project experience within the nuclear / defence industries.
- Demonstrable ability of developing good working relationships with clients
- Understanding of requirements of numerical analysis software
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Structural Engineer -Senior