Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Corporate Risk Associates has been an Assystem owned business since 2020. We are established as one of the UK’s largest integrated Risk, Safety and Human Factors consultancies, renowned for 1st class delivery of quality services to the Critical National Infrastructure in the UK and overseas.
We have a long history of helping current nuclear operations and new build projects manage their safety and risk in the civil and defence nuclear sectors. This provides opportunities for varied project work for our staff.
Safety Case Advisor, Warrington or Whitehaven based (Whitehaven based strongly preferred)
CRA is one of the UK’s largest integrated Risk, Safety and Human Factors consultancies. We have a long history of helping our clients in the UK nuclear and other high hazard industries manage risk and ensure the safety of their operations. As part of the Assystem Group we also have opportunities to support a wide variety of projects around the world.
CRA recognises that our staff are our greatest asset and we strive to develop each consultant technically and professionally by providing them with the opportunities and support they need to grow and realise their potential. For more junior staff, Initial Professional Development (IPD) focuses on attaining the competencies and the range of technical experience required to achieve Chartered status with their chosen professional institution through a combination of internal and external training and project experience. For our more experienced staff, our Continued Professional Development (CPD) programme provides support to allow maintenance of existing skills and expertise, while developing new ones in complimentary areas.
We aim to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment with a healthy work-life balance and recognise the benefits that this brings to our business, our clients and our people.
We are seeking a Safety Case Advisor to work within the facility-based Safety Case Team of a large-scale infrastructure project. The role would be best suited to somebody in the earlier stages of their career, having gained at least two years’ engineering or plant experience.
To support the Safety Case team in the development, implementation, maintenance, and review of the Safety Case. Ensuring that the Safety Case delivered is clear and user friendly for all stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with other disciplines to support safety case development activities for the facility
- Facilitating communication between relevant stakeholders
- Seeking and delivering improvements.
- Look for, use and share learning from internal and external sources and from events and good practice.
- Support engagements with Regulatory bodies and other external stakeholders for the associated facility Safety Case.
- Identify and participate in improvement initiatives on Safety Case Process and implementation in the workplace.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of relevant legislation and regulatory/ company policies.
Essential Experience & Qualifications Knowledge and Skills
- Experience of report writing
- Experience of applying new approaches or innovative solutions.
- Strong communication skills- written and verbal
- Ability to influence, communicate and work collaboratively with a range of stakeholders across a team and business area
- Good analytical thinking skills, with experience of solving novel and possibly challenging technical issues
- Computer literate
- Good planning skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of resilience
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships
- Degree qualified or relevant experience
- Previous experience in operations, engineering, technical disciplines or in a support team for an operational plant.
- Experience of Regulatory interface.
- Knowledge of the relevant Site Licence Conditions.
Design Tools experience:
- MS Office suite of programmes including MS Project, SL network/IT access.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior Wet Utilities Engineer
Wet Utilities Designer / Draughtsman