- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Risk Manager operates as part of the Integrated Programme Management Office, leading on technical project risk management and in programme level risk management.
In this role the Risk Manager will be expected to provide SME input at Programme and Project delivery level including actively supporting and driving the programme management office and project delivery teams on the mitigations and opportunity realisation activities. The post includes an assurance role and some audit.
The post covers both pre and post contract services (principally delivered by Consultants), to include:
· Provision of early-stage project risk advice and estimates.
· Assuring consultancy outputs in respect of risk registers, risk forecast profiling and mitigations.
· Provide risk leadership across portfolio team to identify and implement improvements with regards to risk identification, forecasting and mitigations, including the development of risk standards and requirements.
· Supporting tender stage activities and subsequent contract award.
· Support Commercial and project teams in the review, challenge and assurance of contractor cost estimates.
· Supporting the Projects regarding external consultancy appointments, including subsequent contract administration and payment audit.
· Develop and implement a programme of activities to improve risk management across the programme.
· Lead delivery of risk management best practise on major programmes and projects
· Conduct quantitative risk assessment (integrated, cost and schedule) to inform project contingency and time risk allowance levels.
· Confidently interrogate and present key risk findings to clients including, recommendations to support decision making and assurance of supply chain risk management performance.
· Lead and facilitate risk workshops for the identification, assessment and prioritisation of threats, opportunities and mitigations.
· Proactively drive and manage the mitigations across all levels of the portfolio.
· Maintain visibility of threat/opportunity trigger points to facilitate risk cost profiling and proactive contingency drawdown including estimating uncertainty.
· Monitor overall risk exposure and assess against the remaining risk budget and timeline.
· Produce and present fit for purpose risk reports in Power Bi/Tableau, in a timely manner, to support the effective communication of threat & opportunity status and required senior management action.
· Provide risk management best practise support to project delivery teams.
· Drive continuous improvement activities to develop our risk management performance.
· Deliver and embed tiered risk management across the portfolio.
Essential: Experience working as a member of a large or medium complexity project team or as a specialist or work stream lead for a small, low complexity project.
Working knowledge of NEC contracts,
Experience of leading a virtual ‘team’ assigned to work from across functional, organisational or geographic boundaries to deliver high quality outputs.
Desirable: Experience of working in or knowledge of the defence or security sector – either through government or industry.
Demonstrable commitment to learning and using established project management methodologies to enable successful delivery
Technical skills: Obtained or working towards one of the following: Management of Risk (MOR) , PRINCE2 Practitioner; Agile Project Management Practitioner; APM Project Management Qualification; PMI Project Management Professional; Leading and Managing Project Workstreams.
Essential: SC Clearance, engineering technical qualifications, or project management qualifications.
Desirable: Educated to degree level, attained APM PMQ or greater
Due to the nature of this role we will require the successful candidate to be a sole British passport holder and to be able to acquire Security Clearance.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.