Radiological Protection Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
This role will be the main contributor to the functional management of radiological safety performance, monitoring, reporting and cooperating with other HPC functions and contractors. They will have a strong teamwork and delivery performance being able to plan and prioritise work adapting to a rapidly changing work landscape. They shall promote an open learning environment, leading to continuous improvement and delivery to safety, quality, time and cost constraints.
They will interface with a range of external regulators, senior HPC Stakeholders including the Pre-ops organisation which will deliver the Operating power station organisation, systems and processes.
The role holder will either have currently or be able to obtain certificate of competence as an RPA and to be able to offer and help implement pragmatic arrangements within a framework of regulatory and business requirements.
- PCN or equivalent ISO 9712/ASME level 2 radiographer, current preferred but lapsed qualifications accepted.
- Previously trained and appointed as Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) minimum.
- Experience working on large construction/refit projects with significant levels of radiography.
- Good knowledge of other non-destructive testing techniques/standards, additional qualifications such as ultrasonics and/or surface inspection are an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience from working in the nuclear sector.
- Good knowledge of the IRR2017.
- Experience of working closely, supporting a team to achieve excellent delivery.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.