- Contracting /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a Quality Engineer to work at our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
The role involves providing Quality support to equipment design, manufacture and repair activities on components, ensuring compliance to external regulatory and customer requirements, and the Management System, whilst working to drive down Cost of Non-Quality and improve right first time delivery. This role provides a great opportunity for development and upskilling for those from other business areas
- Job title: Quality Engineer
- Contract length: 12 months
- Location: Derby
- Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compliance with regulatory and customer requirements.
- Participation in audit programmes and acting as a guide/liaison for external auditors.
- Supporting closure of Quality Notifications, Quality investigations and audit Non-Conformance Reports.
- Generating and supporting Quality Improvement activities
- Ensuring that non-conformance is managed, facilitating Quality Investigations, where appropriate, to identify root cause and ensure that containment, preventative and corrective actions are completed, and their effectiveness assessed.
- Supporting Manufacturing Engineering in improving Right First Time and reducing Cost of Non-Quality
- Maintaining visual management for all activities to clearly show activity and achievements
- Non-conformance management
- Problem Resolution Process training and capability, 8D problem resolution process beneficial
- Data driven decision making
- Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt accredited beneficial
- Process audit and development, internal audit qualified (Lead Auditor preferred) beneficial.
- Knowledge of products, manufacturing processes and operational processes (e.g. good understanding of production processes)
- Good team player with very good communication and social skills
- A strong customer focus, able to effectively influence and manage customer expectations.
- Degree in Engineering (or equivalent experience) and experience working in a Quality, Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Design role.
- DV Security Clearance would be a benefit.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.