- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
The Quality Engineer (QE) is responsible for supporting Client Projects normally operating within a Matrix Multi Discipline Teams (MDTs) by the provision of quality management and control services;
Their primary purpose is to provide evidence of the Client and supply-chain adherence to the contracted quality requirements within their respective Client Programmes and Projects;
Their secondary purpose is to support Client Programmes in achieving adherence with the Project-wide quality arrangements, as well as ensuring that appropriate project-specific quality arrangements are established, as required in addition to ensuring the implementation of quality for all activities within the scope of the programme, for example, Manufacturing Inspection and Test (MIT) Plans; Life-time Quality Records; NCR Facilitation; Root Cause Analysis; Audits. This could be on Client Sites or at Sub-contractors base within the UK and overseas;
The post holder will work in close collaboration with all other project functions and the supply-chain to ensure that project quality is delivered consistently (safely, efficiently and right first time) compliant respecting Nuclear Safety as paramount at all times.
Dimensions (Contextual Information) dependent upon Client requirements:
- As an embedded member of the Programme/Project the QE will provide support on the application of specific quality activities within projects/contracts as directed by their client line manager to ensure both consistency and compliance;
- Maintaining quality arrangements, specifically are clearly defined and in place to affect the safe, efficient and right first time delivery of the project activities undertaken by the MDT from inception through to operational handover including for example, Life Time Quality Records (LTQR);
- Maintain Project Quality Plans and MIT Plans in a consistent manner;
- Undertake surveillance/inspection activities (Client Sites/Sub-contractor facilities);
- Data capture and analysis of quality metrics to ensure that input to management reports on the delivery of quality within the MDT are unambiguous;
- To manage the non-conformance process in the identification of Project-wide Preventative Action as well as facilitation timely closure of non-conformance reports, and to ensure project-wide learning is maximised;
- To conduct work stream and cross-project audits as required.
The Quality Engineer is accountable to the Client for the following:
- Delivery of the day-to-day quality management activities requested by the Client, in line with the general directions given by the Client’s Quality Director as defined in personal objectives or Task Orders;
- Reviews quality records of reviews and checks to enable quality oversight and the assurance that quality is delivered by the supply-chain and the MDT, efficiently and in accordance with specified requirements;
- Participates as required in the production/review of the Programme Quality Delivery Arrangements Plan and specific MIT plans;
- Participates in oversight of the review and acceptance of Quality Plans/Inspection & Test Plans provided by the supply-chain;
- Supports the Client in establishing effective manufacturing / site surveillance programmes/ plans that enable coverage of identified risks;
- Undertakes surveillance activities in accordance with specific MIT Plans;
- Ensures that appropriate controls are established with respect to the provision of Quality Records or ‘End of Reports’ by sub-contractors;
- Support the effective close out of non-conformances (including Root Cause Analysis) by the subject matter experts as well as the application of project-wide preventative action;
- Supports Quality Auditors (Client and Sub-contractor based) in the prompt resolution of audit findings within the supply-chain and the MDT;
- Ensures that effective participation in Programme and Project risk & opportunity reviews including lessons learnt reviews by the Client;
- Participates in investigations related to quality issues;
- Supports in the provision of regular quality reports on:
- the delivery of quality (Product & Process) by the supply chain and the MDT;
- the status of non-conformances, inc. root cause/repeat events
- supply chain capability/readiness and performance;
- quality records RFT, backlog etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 4-6 years post academic experience;
- Experience in large project environment, preferably in the nuclear (or heavily regulated) sector, with significant focus on Product/project quality role, and with a specific engineering discipline knowledge;
- Position requires a dynamic individual who is a team player and has a solid understanding of the quality control principles, and process management in projects;.
- Good awareness of working in an international quality environment;
- Experience in assuring compliance with National and International standards such as GS-R-3, ISO 9001, ISO19443; ISO 3834; EN10204;
- Experience of Licence Conditions LC6; LC17 and ONR TAG 077;
- Experience planning and conducting Internal and Supplier Audits;
- The ability to carry out inspections to appropriate standards e.g. pressurised systems
- Experience in the review of Quality Records (e.g. Material Certification; CFSI)
- The ability and knowledge to be able to analyse quality data at various levels across the business;
- The ability to influence and to provide constructive challenge which is accepted by others;
- The ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Experience in that application of Quality tools & techniques (e.g. Histograms; SPC; Cause & Effect);
- Pro-active and flexible, being prepared to plan and work on own initiative across a broad range of issues to drive performance against all dimensions of the quality systems;
- Fluent in English language, preferably with some French language skills.
- Apprenticeship in an engineering discipline / Qualified to (preferably engineering) ONC/HNC level as a minimum;
- Practitioner Grade Member of the Chartered Quality Institute (CQI) or equivalent engineering institute;
- Formally recognised qualification in Quality, e.g. IRCA Audit;
- IRCA Registered Auditor;
- CSWIP 3.1 Welding Inspector;
- Internationally recognised NDT Qualifications in Radiography; Dye Penetrant; Magnetic Particle; ultrasonics.
This role requires the candidate to be able to obtain a BPSS clearance
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.