Project Validation and Enabling Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Project Validation and Enabling Engineer
Permanent / Contract
The role of Project Validation and Enabling (PV&E) focuses on doing the right scope at the right time in the right way. PV&E uses a revised gated process as a basis to focus on front end governance arrangements to ensure that project go, -no go decisions are robust and that project maturity at Outline Business Case is greater than it was under previous Initiate project delivery gate (IPDG) arrangements.
The revised gated process delivers Studies split into two stages covering ‘Feasibility’ (Long list to short list), and of ‘Appraise and Select’ (Shortlist to Preferred solution).
The scope is to assist in the delivery of PE&E design activities to allow our client to determine the most appropriate method by which control system obsolescence will be addressed. This will be achieved by participating and undertaking activities identified in the attached outline strategy for delivering PV&E for Control Systems category management delivery.
1) To assist in carry out scoping of Project Validation and Enabling work for control systems listed on the work list.
2) Undertake review of initiating documentation
3)Assist in the assessment and delivery of Strategic Optioneering
4) Assist in the completion of PV&E Check list
5) Engage with Stakeholders in the production and delivery of the Study Brief.
6) Engage with Stakeholders in the production and delivery of the Project functional specification.
7) Undertake activities to assess and record the outcome from the following activities:
• Validate Operator Instructions & Maintenance instructions
• Validate control system Configuration baseline
• Change Strategic Option
• Validate Security Classification
• Understand other related work (Process Modifications, Other influencing Projects, Cyber security etc.)
8) In addition, the following tasks activities with recorded outcomes are required
• Strategic Optioneering Output
• Deliverability Strategy
• Maintainability Strategy
• Installation & Commissioning Strategy
• Future / Strategic State
9) Undertake readiness and Design assurance/assistance review processes.
1) The candidates must have experience working in the delivery of studies related work in establishing, validating and confirming the baseline configuration of installed control systems and related control system equipment.
2) Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
3) Have strong interpersonal skills and be able to interact with people at all levels
4) Have the ability to work individually and as part of an integrated delivery team
5) Demonstrate ‘good perspective’ and ‘Initiative’
6) Experience of CIMAGE
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact Aidan email@example.com.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.