- Contracting / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a dynamic, self-motivated Project Planner to work at our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
Job title: Project Planner
Contract length: 12 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Programme Manager to deliver the project requirements ensuring that the overall project outputs meet these requirements – projects range from technical development projects to product delivery and programme to control account delivery
- Support the development and maintenance of control account schedules as part of an Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) to deliver Projects or Programmes, utilising analysis and scenarios for optimisation.
- Consolidation of planning data within In-Service Support via an IMS, providing management information, analysis and reporting to the programme management team as required.
- Responsible for providing expert advice on planning matters, supporting and maintaining a standardised and disciplined approach to project planning and scheduling.
- Execution of the In-Service Support planning and progress update cycle, governance around change control activities to ensure compliance.
- Interaction with the Nuclear PMO to assess impending policy or strategy changes for their impact upon the schedules and associated architecture within In-Service Support.
- Develop and support the ongoing maintenance of internal and external deliverables to the Submarines business and industry partners.
- Work within a resource commit/accept process to ensure resource availability when planned work and emergent work arises.
- Ensure that best practice planning principles are used to create and maintain schedules to a high standard to ensure quality and credibility.
- Support the project team with other project management activities as required
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.