Project Manager – Valves
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
As a Project Manager, you will manage a contract and package of work, and be accountable for the daily follow-up of project activities in support of its safe delivery to time, cost and quality.
With the support of a multi-disciplinary team, you will be project managing a scope which includes the design and manufacture of Mechanical and Electrical equipment.
- Driving the delivery of the contract and package activities to ensure they are delivered safely on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements.
- Monitoring delivery and managing the progress of the project – tracking progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and ensure that the project List Of Deliverables (LOD) and project schedule are up to date.
- Ensuring that the schedules and milestones are consistent with global schedule.
- Ensuring that the LoD are consistent with the agreed schedule(s) and to ensure Contract Partner(s) is delivering design output in accordance with the agreed schedule and the LoD.
- Coordination of the Task Order preparation for Equipment scope, preparation of Change Requests related to Task Order changes.
- Undertaking contract administration activities (with support of a Commercial Manager) including variations, claims, Early Warnings, technical queries and instructions.
- Preparing of and/or contribution to contractual communications such as Early Warnings, Compensation Events, Technical Queries.
- Managing risks & opportunities, and facilitating the resolution of all issues raised, developing and updating the programme budget, and escalating any issues.
- Managing design changes and configuration management.
- Oversight of the budget and applying the principles of Earned Value Management (EVM) and other usual commercial reporting requirements (in collaboration with the cost managers).
- Establishing and delivering monthly reporting for the Programme.
- Ensuring effective engagement with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identifying and managing of interactions between the Programme and other engineering sequences.
- Executing the project strategies within their contract or package of work.
- Applying the principles of Continuous Improvement, ensuring that lessons-learnt and knowledge-capture are practiced as business as usual.
- Experience in a Project Management role.
- Technical / engineering experience.
- Experience in similar large and complex projects.
- Flexible and pragmatic solution focused approach to project management.
- Experience of nuclear engineering projects.
- Experience of electronic document management systems and scheduling software.
- Relevant project management qualification.
- Chartered membership of a professional engineering institution.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.