MEH – Equipment Project Manager
- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
We are excited to be recruiting for a Project Manager (Engineer, Procure, Manufacture) to join us working on the fantastic Hinkley Point C project as a permanent Assystem employee and part of the Construction Team.
- Undertake all contract administration activities (with support of a Commercial Manager) including variations, claims, technical queries and instructions, using CEMAR.
- Drive the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the programme – track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
- Anticipate, manage and resolve issues within the contact or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the Senior Project Manager
- Resolution of issues/ NCR’s/ etc during the manufacturing process to ensure quality and schedule are maintained.
- Management of all change to the contract including – scope definition, business justification and implementation of agreed change in line with associated governance.
- Ensure level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall Project schedules.
- Liaison with HPC Site team to ensure all pre shipping actives are complete to facilitate seamless delivery in line with schedule requirements.
- Develop and implement strategies and plans in line with the overall Programme Definition Document (PgDD), setting out how the programme of work will be mana ged, organised and executed.
- Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the project strategies within their contract or package of work
- Apply the principles of Earned Value Management (EVM) and other usual commercial reporting requirements
- Apply the principles of Continuous Improvement, ensuring that lessons-learnt and knowledge-capture are practiced as business as usual.
- Interface with other programmes to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing and to identify and adopt the use of best practice.
- Degree and chartered status in an engineering, construction, physics or other related field.
- Good knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Knowledge and / or practitioner of Project Management with experience of applying either; APM body of knowledge and OGC’s Prince 2
- Understanding the needs of nuclear quality and how nuclear quality is assured and controlled.
- Understand how to apply a graded approach to quality.
- Demonstrate success in managing / developing: Engineering design, contract and field execution strategies for project delivery, Multi-discipline EPCM projects, Procurement and management of complex contracts, Control of costs; risk; schedule and change and proficient in the use of Earned Value tools,
- Experience of successfully engaging groups of stakeholders.
- Able to demonstrate strong management skills including project management, financial management, change management and facilitation. Proficient in the use of estimating scheduling, programming and risk tools.
- Experience of managing contractors, consultants and other advisors throughout large and complex construction projects, in a regulated environment. Including NEC or FIDIC contracts.
- Fluent English required: writing technical documents and daily exchanges in English
- French language skills would be an advantage
The candidate must also have behavioural skills to interact with the customer and suppliers.
The behaviours we identify in all our high performers include their abilities to:
- Ensure safety, environment, and compliance
- Customer orientation
- Drive for results
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Inspirational leadership and change management
- Enterprise perspective
- Self Developing and others
- Holding self and others accountable
- Decision making
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.