- Permanent / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Summary of the Role. The Project Manager is responsible to Programme Delivery Lead and has a key role throughout the project lifecycle. The Project Manager will ensure the successful delivery of this capital infrastructure project and will ensure that project team members are provided with direction and support to lead, manage and deliver projects, and achieve project outputs. Infrastructure delivery is a challenging environment in which to work, with interdependencies between the required programmes and projects and the need to maintain military outputs. The candidate will be required to deliver at pace and demonstrate effective application of programme and project management skills, tools and techniques.
- Project management of preparation, delivery and commissioning phases of infrastructure works.
- Provide project management capability to the project and establish and deliver project specific objectives.
- Use and promote appropriate leadership styles to gain and maintain the trust, confidence, commitment and collaboration of team members and stakeholders throughout the project ensuring continued momentum.
- Manage the contract to maintain a productive working relationship with industry partners and suppliers, monitoring their performance in terms of quality, time, cost and reliability. Identify and manage emerging issues to avoid programme delays or cost escalation.
- Manage financial performance of projects to control expenditure against approved project budgets and provide accurate financial reporting and forecasting.
- Participate in, and generate evidence for, project assurance and gateway reviews at key stages to evaluate progress, compliance and probability of delivery to provide confidence to senior management, customers and key stakeholders Manage the project team in line with a High Performing Team ethos.
- Be accountable for complying with all agreed Client processes and operating procedures and particularly those which are detailed under key infrastructure process.
- Close contracts, once the goods and/or services have been delivered and accepted, ensuring that all financial arrangements have been honoured, all contract changes have been accounted for, and any necessary maintenance contracts have been agreed.
- Monitor the performance of technical support providers and supply chain in terms of the quality, timeliness and reliability of goods and/or services against agreed contractual obligations.
- Review and critique the schedule of major phases or tranches, milestones and review points for the project, sufficient to inform the direction of work and the monitoring of progress.
- Establish and agree an overall budget for project, based on the business case.
- Be responsible for the development of a cash flow forecast and set up arrangements for the drawdown of funds, refining budget allocations and cost management processes, implementing the change control process where relevant and appropriate.
- Be responsible for the provision of financial information and for the upgrade of internal systems on forecast, profiles and estimates to complete.
- Have a sound knowledge of risk process and management.
- Make recommendations based on impact assessments about whether to approve, reject or defer changes, or to request further information.
- Update relevant plans, schedules and communications to reflect approved changes, and manages approved changes within the configuration management system.
- Hands on construction background, with building services experience
- Experience of infrastructure works.
- Sound commercial knowledge and understanding of the cost and value of packages as well as construction delivery experience, should be able to question and challenge CE’s.
- Hands on experience of managing delivery using NEC4 contracts including management of change and stakeholder management.
- IT skills.
- Experience of managing projects in complex live operational environment, ability to follow due process in a regulated facility
- Experience of working in collaborative environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast changing needs.
- Primavera P6 knowledge and understanding.
- Knowledge of CEMAR or similar tool.
- NEC4 experience.
- Minimum10 years construction and commissioning experience with at least 5 years in a management role.
- Membership of Relevant professional body.
- M&E background opposed to general construction.
- NEC PM accreditation or formal training.
SC Cleared to start, Sole UK National
Hybrid with 2 days/month in a Glasgow office
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.