- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Define the work scope to be delivered within the contract or package of work and the interfaces to the other elements of the programme
- Assist in securing the required resources to meet their project requirements, ensuring the maintenance of SQEP for any assigned resource and promptly identifying any personnel shortfalls or issues within their project team
- Develop and implement strategies and plans in line with the overall programme execution plan (PEP), setting out how the programme of work will be managed, organised, and executed. The PEP sets out the “why”, “what”, “how”, “when” and “who” for the delivery of the programme
- Maintain effective communications with all stakeholders and executing the project or PEP strategies within their contract or package of work
- Drive the delivery of the contract or package activities to ensure they are delivered safely on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements. Monitor and manage the progress of the programme – track progress against milestones, deadlines, budget and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters
- Anticipate, manage, and resolve issues within the contact or package. Identify risks and facilitate the resolution of all issues raised, develop, and update the programme budget, and escalate any issues to the Senior Project Manager
- Ensure level 3 schedules are developed and maintained for the contract or package of work. Ensure such schedules are consistent with overall Project schedules (levels 1 and level 2). Escalate any discrepancies to the Project Controls Manager
- Review Contractor supplied Level 3 and 16 week rolling schedules
- Ensure the List of Deliverables (LOD) relating to the scope of work is delivered.
- Apply the principles of Earned Value Management (EVM).
- Apply the principles of Continuous Improvement.
- Ensure that lessons-learnt and knowledge-capture are practiced as business as usual.
- Interface with other programmes to ensure a high-level view of how the total project is progressing and to identify and adopt the use of best practice
- Ensure that contract or package contractual requirements are fulfilled
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Project Management consistent with achieving competency as described in the APM Role Profile for Project Manager Competency Framework.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of EPR design.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Leadership and its application in complex projects.
- Working knowledge of CDM Regulations.
- Proficient numeracy, analytical and critical reasoning skills.
- Proficient application of estimating, scheduling, programming, risk, and Earned Value Management tools.
- Excellent presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Working knowledge of French language an advantage.
- Understanding the needs of nuclear quality and how nuclear quality is assured and controlled.
- Understand how to apply a graded approach to quality
- Degree and chartered status in construction, engineering, or other relevant discipline.
- Professional Qualification in Project Management such as APM PPQ or other recognised qualification.
- Demonstrated success in managing and/or developing:
- Engineering design, contract, and field execution strategies for project delivery.
- Multi-discipline EPCM Projects.
- Working knowledge and management experience of construction activities.
- Procurement and management of complex contracts.
- Control of costs, risk, schedule, and change.
- Management of commercial claims and associated negotiation experience.
- Proven successful experience in engaging multi-level stakeholders including contractors, consultants, and advisors in a regulated environment.
- Proven experience operating within NEC and FIDIC commercial arrangements.
- Demonstrated experience of managing major projects from concept to handover, throughout the project lifecycle within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security, and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector or similar regulated environment
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.