Project Lead Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Project Lead Engineer role is to work in the Client Engineering team supporting the technical assurance activities associated with the design and implementation of either Onshore, Marine or Crane systems for a key Client work package
The Scope of work is replacement/refurbishment of plant and equipment to comply with modern standards.
Engineering support to the Client to develop work scopes, develop/manage requirements and perform assurance activities overseeing consultant / contractor design and site implementation.
- Lead a multi-discipline engineering team.
- Support Client Project Manager in management of Consultant and Contractors.
- Work closely with BIM/CAD team.
- Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder requirements.
- Elicitation and development of user/system requirements.
- Developing work scopes.
- Manage engineering support to the projects.
- Support project optioneering process.
- Review and accept project drawings and documentation.
- Manage detailed design activities in accordance with HMNB (Clyde) standards.
- Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
- Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
- Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
- Liaise and consult with stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
- Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
- Chairing meetings and design reviews.
- Preparation and delivery of engineering presentations.
- Responding to technical queries and resolution of engineering problems.
- Framework contractors.
- Consultant design team.
- Site stakeholders.
- Original equipment manufacturers.
- Client project management, commercial, cost, project controls, risk.
Qualification, Special Skills or Experience:
- Qualification to degree level in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline.
- Chartered Engineer status or able to attain chartered status (demonstration of continued professional development).
- Mechanical, Civil and Structural Engineer background preferred
Experience in the following:
- Project engineering of work packages, including site implementation/ integration, within a highly regulated environment.
- Working fully autonomously and as part of a team
- Compliance with legislation and standards in a highly regulated industry.
- Producing technical documentation e.g. technical reports, specifications, technical queries etc.
- Liaison with range of stakeholders.
- Basic health and safety training for site visits.
- Nuclear safety case (desirable).
SC Clearance required
Sole UK National
Hybrid working – Glasgow office 2-3 days/week
Ideally Staff but Umbrella Contractor considered
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.