- Contracting / Project Management
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a Project Lead to work at our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
The Project Lead will take responsibility & accountability for the delivery of projects or workstreams within a larger programme. Monitor, review and report the status of assigned scope of work in accordance with the requirements defined in the Project Management Plan and agreed with the Project Sponsor and Project Manager.
Job title: Project Lead
Contract length: 9-12 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the successful delivery to cost, specification and time for a defined package of work.
- Establish, develop and maintain the documentation necessary to deliver the package of work.
- Act as the focal point for all aspects related to the packages of work.
- Provide information necessary to make management decisions to the key stakeholders/customer.
- Ensure the creation and management of an integrated set of plans / schedules.
- Organize and chair schedule review meetings and report areas where executive decisions need to be made.
- Ensure the implementation of company management processes is effective and efficient.
- Develop / implement Project Management best practice in line with company management processes.
- Provision of leadership to others regarding the Project Management processes and the operation of the project management systems, tools and methods.
- When necessary, deputise for Line Manager and represent the department/business, covering both internal/external reviews or meetings.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Equivalent industry experience & Degree level qualification preferable.
- Attained APM Project Management Qualification or equivalent; or can demonstrate equivalent PM knowledge.
- Associate member of Association of Project Management (APM), working towards full MAPM.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience of SAP and P6 preferable.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.