- Permanent /
- Hybrid work
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Operational Development Engineer (Operational Station Spares) is responsible for supporting the NNB Pre-Operations Spares Management Lead in the delivery of the Hinkley Point C (HPC) operational Supply Chain Strategy.
The successful individual will be required to manage the Operational Spares Selection arrangements for HPC. This includes analysis, selection, procurement decision making, delivery, storage, and surveillance of Operational spare parts.
The role will work closely with the Commissioning Spares Team to deliver joint spares reviews to the JMST governance board. This role will involve analysis and engagement with a wide range of stakeholders to bring together a clearly justified and formulated spares procurement proposal.
- Spares selection and procurement process
- Manage the logistics, procurement and storage arrangements for strategic spares.
- Manage the care, maintenance, and quality arrangements for strategic spares.
- Manage relationships with Contract Project Managers / Technical Leads / Commissioning Engineers
- Conduct technical analysis for operational spares and formulate selection.
- Take Lead on Significant Station Equipment Contracts (ie Major Electrical Systems / Nuclear Island Contracts / Pumphouse)
- Present analysis of operational spares to the Joint Management Spares Team for approval.
- Engage with commercial team to ensure correct information from suppliers.
- Maintain interfaces and develop relationships (technical & functional) with other HPC departments EPR Family Stations and EDF Energy’s existing Nuclear Business where appropriate
- Research operating experience from the wider industries applicable to the HPC project and promote its use and application to make HPC a World Class performer
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understanding of inventory and procurement processes.
- Understanding of commercial processes.
- Experience logistics management
- Be able to develop and follow procedures.
- Good IT skills – for tracking and assisting in handling of disparate data sources
- Experience of bidding and placement of orders for spares.
- Able to develop work plans and deliver them safely and efficiently.
- Have experience of working in a project environment.
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of suppliers and customers (UK based and international).
- BTEC Level 4 in engineering or science discipline.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.